Another unique Jetboat, anyone else seen this gem?

OzAK

Reaction score
Here's one I ran into at the Tangle Lakes off the Denali Highway, late fall just before freeze-up. He was pushing it hard, dragging a canoe full of moose meat behind him going up-lake from the Delta River headed for the landing. It's HPIM2641.jpg a unique piece, homebuilt, very portable, pretty spunky without the canoe in tow. More stuff to look at, just gettin' through the winter. Cheers, Oz HPIM2639.jpg

.338WM

Reaction score
That appears to be a 2 stroke power plant from a PWC. Clever looking setup .

OzAK

Reaction score
Good eye Gramps, that's exactly what those are. I picked the guys brain a bit and just generally looked it over. Watched him take it for a short run empty, it steers and handles very quickly, turns almost "flat" with little skidding. Very good for small tight streams with lots of rocks etc. That's a Polaris 700 twin PWC powerplant.

bkmail

Reaction score
American ingenuity and the desire to get 'er done is awesome!
Looks like a nice ride and probably easy on the gas too.
BK

AKDoug

Reaction score
I love the homemade reverse bucket. That was my big stumbling block using the two PWC setups I have access to. I've been thinking of building a boat like that for a long time :D

OzAK

Reaction score
How long is it 12'-14'?

10' as I remember. He hauled it in the back of a mid 80's Toyota pickup at first, then realized it was a bit unstable and added the "sponsons" on the sides and the stabilizer system in the stern. That's when he said he was forced to start using a trailer. I'd really like to build a similar boat using more horsepower and a really heavy duty bottom. I have a few really nasty spots that would be good to visit for their hunting uniqueness but would be hard on equipment.

AlaskanOutdoorsman

Reaction score
Did he comment on performance e.g. fuel consumption, speed, capacity, etc? This has been a topic with friends for about a year.. glad to see someone got it done.

F33shFr33k

Reaction score
I know this has nothing to do with the posted boat in this thread, but I thought it was worth posting here due to its 12' length and it being a river beater..lol.

puddleduck3.jpg

puddleduck2.jpg

puddleduck1.jpg

F33shFr33k

Reaction score
^ Needs cowbells! How tall are those sides? Was that a production boat?

Hahahaha that's about it! Not sure about the sides as I never measured them. From the information I was able to gather from talking to people around here is that there were only 5 of these boats made, apparently to shuttle crews around the lower Fraser River.

dkwarthog

Reaction score
Hahahaha that's about it! Not sure about the sides as I never measured them. From the information I was able to gather from talking to people around here is that there were only 5 of these boats made, apparently to shuttle crews around the lower Fraser River.

That thing looks like it would push a wake out IN FRONT OF IT!!! LOL...