• The Forum will be unavailable on March 27, 2023 from 8:AM to 12:00 PM EST for maintenance.

All king closed in interior...

Frostbitten

Reaction score
Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soo
I was wondering how those Kings look up north? ( Chena, Salcha ) Are they still nice and chrome, or are they blush, or mostly red, by the time they get there.

Back in the 80's and early 90s, I used to fish the Salcha and Chena quite a bit. The kings are already blush (at best) by the time they arrive. They've travelled a lot of river miles by the time they get there, and they show it.

Tearbear

Reaction score
Thanks Hippie, Stid, Frostbitten...I didn't really think they would be, and 'heard' that they weren't, but wanted an opinion from someone who had first hand knowledge.

Arcticwildman

Reaction score
How many river miles have those fish come when they hit the Salcha/Chena? They look pretty skinny compared to the ones we get down here. They must be burning a lot of fat.

AlaskaHippie

Reaction score
Hey, Whitefisher.

If my not replying to your first babbling PM wasn't clue enough, the non reply to your second one shoulda sufficed.
Now you're at 3 PM's, all unsolicited, and as much as I appreciate the offer you made in it, I simply don't date the same gender, sorry.

In summation.

Call a Wa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ambulance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whitefisher

Reaction score
salcha

salcha

i did i have i know the #s ive made the calls im more informed that u think ..lets shut down the galcana over fished no catch n release alaska fish and game .....say # bad there to u shoud stop guideing for kings for money whos the selling out ....:lol:.

Catch It

Reaction score
Dang, I wish they would just open up the king fisheries so you guys had something to do and to shut up these stupid threads.

Hippie, did you say that right?......I mean, it's completely cool if you did, but something tells me......;)

BTW, I caught a 32 lb white trolling Sunday night near Juneau, and it was delicious, yall can have your firetruck playground.

AlaskaHippie

Reaction score
I need a Rosetta Stone to comprehend this.

No kidding. You should see the gems in my PM box from the dood, I asked my 10 yr old to try to translate em for me...."Dad, I quit using crayons a long time ago, this person hasn't".....

AlaskaHippie

Reaction score
Hippie, did you say that right?......I mean, it's completely cool if you did, but something tells me......;)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Nice spot, yep I failed on THAT one.

My girlfriend will get a kick outta that one

Erik in AK

Reaction score
How many river miles have those fish come when they hit the Salcha/Chena? They look pretty skinny compared to the ones we get down here. They must be burning a lot of fat.

By the time a King makes it to the North Fork Salcha it's swum about 1,000 river miles

Frostbitten

Reaction score
Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soo
Stressing them to death ...wow....no reason. I dont think so..its called fishing .. And that run is strong over 10.000 fish some years up to 15000 kings ....min. Excapment 3300 fish made that in 3 days last year so dont tell me that run is hurting...its not,, they closed the salcha because no fish in the chena...... U work at afags......???/ its the tanana not the yukon...

How exactly do you think the kings get into the Tanana?

kwackkillncrew

Reaction score
by swimming duh!!! whitefisher has just made my Friday for sure! He has single handedly conserved the salcha king salmon! The cool thing about Alaska is there are more things to fish for then the king......

Latest posts