Alaska Patriots Call to Arms!

hogfamily

Reaction score
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, A
What caused Colonial farmers, shop and inn keepers stand up to the most powerful army in the world on April 19, 1775?

l30Mte.jpg

Who fired the “Shot Heard ‘round the World”?

PJvQjQ.jpg

What did Paul Revere actually shout on his famous midnight ride?

Ny2hrC.jpg

Why did the British march on Lexington and Concord?

Attend the Patriot’s Day weekend Project Appleseed Alaska Rifle Marksmanship Clinic to hear the true story of April 19, 1775.

Learn to shoot your rifle well.

Earn the coveted Project Appleseed Rifleman patch.

Saturday April 21 and Sunday April 22 - Birchwood Range.

elmerkeithclone

Reaction score
I am a Son of the American Revolution and my Dad always told me..."you can only take so much ***** son before you must fight."

I heard pretty much the same thing and I have passed it on to my sons and daughters. They all know what 2A means to us as a unified body. Those that aren't unified with us in that stand are on their own when SHTF!

sayak

Reaction score
I teach my students in American Government and Hunter Ed classes that those who hate guns will never be satisfied with taking just one kind; they are after them all. They would like to do it in one fell swoop, but will settle for chipping away at 2A, calling it a privilege, until it no longer exists. I also tell them that the Constitution doesn't grant them rights; those rights are already theirs and the Constitution only affirms and guarantees them. Sadly, students today are rarely taught to think critically or understand their rights as citizens, and few parents do it at home, probably because they, themselves, were not so educated. Good for Appleseed for doing this.

Amigo Will

Reaction score
Paul didn't ride far enough to shout much. Isreal Bissell made a heck of a ride and few know him as his name don't rhyme.

hogfamily

Reaction score
We almost always fill the lines here in AK.

This Patriot's Day weekend Appleseeds are filling the lines in just about every state this year.

I would say that at least 1/3 are under 25 years old with many participants in the teens, and younger. Male and female. It gives me hope that our country can be saved.

elmerkeithclone

Reaction score
The numbers are soaring in this part of the world for high school trap/skeet teams. 10 years ago it didn’t exist now we have more kids on the trap team than on the baseball/softball teams. It’s all funded by donations too! It’s not about us anymore(at least not at my age) but about the next generation.

4merguide

Reaction score
This Patriot's Day weekend Appleseeds are filling the lines in just about every state this year.

As it should be, which is great! I've heard lots of woman getting into the gun training classes being held here too. Also a big plus for the "pro gun" community!

YES!
In Soldotna, (Sterling), August 11 & 12 at the Majority Arms Range.

Hmmmm....been here for 35 years and don't think I've ever heard of the "Majority Arms Range"...???

hogfamily

Reaction score
I have three boys 10, 12, and 14. is this appropriate for their age group? if so, what do you suggest for firearms? what type of shooting positions are used? what does a typical day of instruction entail?
Alangaq, Excellent questions!

As long kids are mature enough to safely handle the firearm they bring, or the loaners we have available, and can follow the safety rules they are welcome to participate at an Appleseed Marksmanship Rifle Clinic. The youngest that I recall was nine at their first Appleseed.

The only real problem we have seen with the younger kids is that they tend to get tired out and a little grumpy. We have them sit out a course of fire or two, re-hydrate, get a snack, and then they go back to the line and continue to have a great time.

We teach standing, sitting, and unsupported prone position, including proper sling use in all the positions. If the kids are not able to safely shoot from any of those positions we have them shoot prone from sand bags.

The most common rifle we have on our lines is Ruger 10/22s.

We have several Ruger 10/22s that we loan to anyone that needs a rifle be they kids or adults.

We allow just about all rifles except .17cal, (due to high ricochets), and Smith and Wesson 15/22s, (due to an, as yet, safety issue that S&W has not addressed).

The course is geared toward semi-auto magazine fed rifles. We have folks that do well with bolt action and tube fed also.

Our first day starts with introductions, a course overview, safety briefing, and line commands. Then we start with the first course of fire.

We teach proper sling use, Six Steps of Firing a shot, Natural Point of Aim, and many other marksmanship skills in a step by step format each building on the previous step.

Throughout the day, during breaks, and while eating lunch we teach the true history of April 19, 1775.

By Saturday afternoon we will put it all together and shoot one or two Appleseed Qualification Test (AQT) targets.

Sunday starts with a review of the safety rules and everything that was covered on Saturday. Most of Sunday is spent improving the marksmanship skills and then we go into shooting multiple AQTs.

The Marksmanship skills we teach are for all age groups and we encourage families to attend.

Check out the Appleseed website and if you have any other questions please ask.

https://appleseedinfo.org/