Affordable and quality combo charter out of Seward or whittier

Hunt&FishAK

Reaction score
Looking for insight on an affordable combo ( lingcod, rocks, salmon, butts) out of Whittier or Seward in late June/ early July. Any suggestions?

Roger

Reaction score
Crazy Ray's, Got 3 trips booked again this season and he does the entire combo not the chicken hole and back.

AK2AZ

Reaction score
Crazy Ray's, Got 3 trips booked again this season and he does the entire combo not the chicken hole and back.

This would be my vote for Whittier too. :topjob:

p.j.

Reaction score
What are his rates? His web site does not have a price.

AaronP

Reaction score
Pic is to small on my phone for me to tell but what species of salmon are those?

Brian M

***** Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Pic is to small on my phone for me to tell but what species of salmon are those?

Looks like mostly kings (and quite a haul at that!), but those four on the right have me curious. Early chums, perhaps? Or maybe pinks?? The two rows in the front are black rockfish.

Paul H

Reaction score
Just a reminder to the op, if you want to take lings schedule your trip in July as ling season opens July 1st.

AKCAPT

Reaction score
If you want a great trip, you rate going to have to pay the going rate for it. There is no such thing as Cheap, quality trip. The margins for surviving as a charter captain as so low that the rates reflect the cost of doing business. just look for a good charter and pay the rate.

Fishwhacker

Reaction score
Go with profish-n-sea or crackerjack out of Seward. They are absolutely top notch and good guys that will take you where the quality fish are and work their butts off to make it a good day. We went out with captain Neil of profish on June 2 and landed three fish over 75 lbs including my 96lber and a bunch of other solid fish. Best part was captain Neil, he was a beast on deck and fun to hang around, felt more like fishing with a friend than with a charter.

-nick

Bullelkklr

Reaction score
I don't know where Ray got the hogs - all I got was Chums on Saturday. I am definitely going to have to book a trip with him. Maybe a couple things will rub off.......and my fishing success will go up.

Latest posts