Aerial Wolf Hunting

Trapak

Reaction score
It depends which game management area you're in. The Board of Game has authorized "aerial" wolf hunting in some areas, where you actually shoot the wolves from the flying aircraft. In other areas the pilot lands the plane near the wolves long enough for the "gunner" passenger to roll out and then start firing at the wolves once the aircraft has travelled a certain distance from the wolves. This is know as "land and shoot". Both types of these activites would be same day airborne.
Lots of controversy over this BOG decision. I feel it's not hunting, but rather a "culling" of the predators, which I fully support in areas that have been identified as needing this type of action to sustain a prey species, for the benefit of all. Just my .02 cents.

F

FBKShunter

Wolf

Wolf

Is the aerial wolf hunting that peta is so fond of attacking actually shooting from flying planes or same day airborn hunting?

Shooting from the planes is part of a predator control program. It's not really hunting, but I'm sure peta loves linking the 2.

echolmbe

Reaction score
Skill

Skill

Takes a lot of skill to do any kind
of aerial hunting. A lot more than driving
an ATV or a Ford out on the Tundra!!
If you have never tried it, you are missing out.

Also, it is not as easy as you think, it is a lot
more efficient though.

Last edited:

Mike Echo

Reaction score
It isn't hunting

It isn't hunting

think of it more as an exercise in - "Just how much do I trust this pilot buddy of mine!!!!
Mike