Accident Sterling and Seward Highways

gr8fl

Reaction score
Take your time and be safe getting home...
attachment.php

getWebcamImage

getWebcamImage

ak_cowboy

Reaction score
What accident? I came through around two pm and it was stop and go from Quartz Creek to the Seward turnoff. No accident, just a lot of traffic.
There was a cop directing cars through the turn which was a pleasant surprise.

sent from my igloo

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
Millions and MILLIONS of humans, all hell'bent on having a genuine Alaska Wilderness Experience, and getting away to a place they can be packed bumper to bumper with other humans. Sounds like fun........:question::question::question::question: "NOT"

sh

Reaction score
I am not seeing anything in photos unusual. what happened

AlaskaHippie

Reaction score
It was a HORRIBLE accident!!!

It seems 24,835 dipnetters where turning the mouth of the Kenai into Fairview South, all was going well, until someone began the rumor that Bird Creek was open to dipnetting and FULL of feesh. The resulting stampede of Los Anchorage folks, trying to turn left at the only intersection for almost a hundred miles, without the assistance of a stoplight or roundabout to instruct them how to drive resulted in chaos.....

Kardinal_84

Reaction score
I came through Sunday at 9pm through the junction. Not a single vehicle. In fact I can't recall turning my cruise control off for a slow vehicle. I think everyone wanted to beat the late rush...and fortunately for me everyone succeeded!!!

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
Guidesak.blogspot.com
My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

gr8fl

Reaction score
I am not seeing anything in photos unusual. what happened

Those photos are automatically generated web cam shots and are showing the latest images, so obviously the event is over. The screen shot came from Alaska DOT 511.

I posted the event in case somebody that Sunday was hurrying to get home and had Tapatalk push notifications on their phone.

Nerka

Reaction score
Those photos are automatically generated web cam shots and are showing the latest images, so obviously the event is over. The screen shot came from Alaska DOT 511.

I posted the event in case somebody that Sunday was hurrying to get home and had Tapatalk push notifications on their phone.

I came through the area at 4-5 PM on my way back from Hope on Sunday - traffic was heavy and steady but no major backup until Big John's outside Soldotna. A car was in the ditch and traffic was backed up to FRED MYER. Police were on the scene and I assume they cleared it fairly fast.