a couple russian river questions (for next year)

traveler

Reaction score
Did I hear right that the Russian opened on the 11th this year? Odd to have an opener on a weekday, isn't it? Is next years opener posted anywhere yet? As for camping, is the deal they can be reserved only 6 months in advance?

Raptor_1

Reaction score
Did I hear right that the Russian opened on the 11th this year? Odd to have an opener on a weekday, isn't it? Is next years opener posted anywhere yet? As for camping, is the deal they can be reserved only 6 months in advance?

Russian opens 11 June EVERY year, weekend or not. Not exactly sure what day reservations open up but I do know you better be quick when it happens. It sells out in minutes

c6 batmobile

Reaction score
You can reserve sites in the US forestry service camping website. I reserve mine in November or December usually and they are usually already filling up by the time I get around to doing mine.

Gary

Reaction score

Sites in the federal campgrounds can be reserved no more than 6 months in advance. It might be troublesome getting a reservation if you wait much after December 11th to make your reservation for June. :) The same would be true if you want to camp (in that area) during the last 2 weeks of July.
It seems that some of the campgrounds keep a few sites off the reservation list to accommadate "drive ups". How lucky do you feel?

traveler

Reaction score
when it comes to getting a campsite at the Russian with no reservation? I think my odds are better with the lottery :)