70 days until moose season.

highestview

Reaction score
Time to start guessing about antler size. How bout this guy? He looks like he's right on 45" right now to me.

a9udu2e6.jpg
ju3ara8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary

Reaction score
It also looks like he only is going to sport 2 brow tines (but should easily pass the 50" requirement by the time the season opens). Is there going to be an open season in Kincaid Pk this year? :)
Love that dropper point developing on the right antler. Nice pics.

highestview

Reaction score
It also looks like he only is going to sport 2 brow tines (but should easily pass the 50" requirement by the time the season opens). Is there going to be an open season in Kincaid Pk this year? :)
Love that dropper point developing on the right antler. Nice pics.

Naaa, he's in Bear Valley, not Kincaid. I wish they would never have issued a single building permit for Bear Valley and just made it a bowhunting game preserve.

mainer_in_ak

Reaction score
Naaa, he's in Bear Valley, not Kincaid. I wish they would never have issued a single building permit for Bear Valley and just made it a bowhunting game preserve.

that little guy is always hanging around the asphalt section of that road. hiking up Mcue peak the other day, I saw a massive bull, already sporting antlers that were hovering around 50 inches, even not being fully formed antlers. He was bedded in an alpine pasture, with hemlocks providing cover.

Happily

Reaction score
my first impression was 45" is about right but run a tape measure across the screen he could be 52"

highestview

Reaction score
70 days until moose season.

Here's my assessment. 42". That picture wasn't perfectly straight on but pretty close.
2u8avuty.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meknowy

Reaction score
let's try this moose again

let's try this moose again

uploading photos drives me crazy. last try:

boondockinak

Reaction score
Hard to tell at this angle whether the brow palms are really as wide as they look. If the sense of scale is correct, and the brow palms are as wide as they look, he appears to be every bit of 60". If not, and the angle is deceiving like I suspect, then he's 55"ish.

Larry Bartlett

Reaction score
a dink! should have let him walk...:))

his length is wider from the browtines which is unusual. If photo isn't too off, 67" by the 10" rule, but if you measured the palm antlers they curve up and rob his width of serious inches. Nice bull though, regardless.

jkb

Reaction score
I've measured a bunch of moose heads and rarely found one 10 inches across the top of the skull 8-9 mostly.

Meknowy

Reaction score
Lots of good guesses, especially with the odd angle of the photo. 60 2/8". The brow tines aren't actually the widest part, but the palms are swept back more than I'm used to seeing.