• The Forum will be unavailable on March 27, 2023 from 8:AM to 12:00 PM EST for maintenance.

.22 Browning semi-auto--need advice

yukon254

Reaction score

I bought my wife one last year, hers is an old belgium made gun, like new! came in the fancy leather case complete with weaver scope. Paid 400 bucks canadian for it. They are not hard to find in Canada and I would think the guys that had two at the gun show were pretty high on their price. But guns are selling here in the US now! I was in Cabelas again today here in St. louis and it was as busy as it was last week! Guns sales are unreal, so that might be what is driving the prices up. My wifes is deadly accurate.

Fisheruk

Reaction score
22 Browning Semi auto

22 Browning Semi auto

I bought one of these in the UK last year for 50 uk pounds, the dealer had two, I had the best one. It was obviously well used, made in 1959. It is a very sweet shooting gun. I have put a short, light telescopic sight on it, with raised peep through mounts so I can use the iron sights as well. I find that I need to re-zero every time I reconnect the barrel, but it only takes two or three rounds. I use sub-sonic ammo and a silencer. It makes no more noise than an air rifle with a silencer and is accurate well out to 75 yards. I wouldn't use a 22 for any greater distances but move up to a 17hmr, but the supersonic crack, even with a silencer is a bit of a nuisance.

Fisheruk

Reaction score
22 Browning Semi auto

22 Browning Semi auto

I bought one of these in the UK last year for 50 uk pounds, the dealer had two, I had the best one. It was obviously well used, made in 1959. It is a very sweet shooting gun. I have put a short, light telescopic sight on it, with raised peep through mounts so I can use the iron sights as well. I find that I need to re-zero every time I reconnect the barrel, but it only takes two or three rounds. I use sub-sonic ammo and a silencer. It makes no more noise than an air rifle with a silencer and is accurate well out to 75 yards. I wouldn't use a 22 for any greater distances but move up to a 17hmr, but the supersonic crack, even with a silencer is a bit of a nuisance.

Latest posts