2014 Southeast Blacktails

hoonahtic

Reaction score
Wow those are some great pics, and some huge deer. The one on the right in the first picture is a hog. Did you shoot any of them?

Yeah both 3x4. The one on the right/uphill in pic 1 is the same dude in pic 2. Tall!! I did not end up shooting anything that day - was looking for one a little larger than Fullcurl - he must have gotten there first :lol:

Dr.No

Reaction score
Yeah both 3x4. The one on the right/uphill in pic 1 is the same dude in pic 2. Tall!! I did not end up shooting anything that day - was looking for one a little larger than Fullcurl - he must have gotten there first :lol:

Those from Northern Southeast?

Amigo Will

Reaction score
Betting he camped at his folks house. If Hoonahtic and Bighorse got together they could pull Kodiak Island down here to be part of the SE

Dr.No

Reaction score
One of those bucks you just know lives down low, but haven't had the fortune to run into. ~400 yards from the beach (on the way BACK, of course).

Oct_26 001.jpg

Dr.No

Reaction score
Called this guy in twice...First time I didn't wait long enough and I saw him walking out of a huge field. He didn't spook really, just kept walking. I ended up blowing the call again where the field transitioned to a smaller field and he came running to me. Can't say for certain it's the same buck as the first one I saw...

deer.jpg

FISHEGX

Reaction score
I'm considering a Air taxi drop off to a remote lake either on Prince of Whales or somewhere outside of Sitka. Are my chances pretty good at getting a nice buck with in hiking distance of a lake like that nor is it a bad idea to limit myself to a small area?? Any advice on this type of hunt would be greatly appreciated. This would be my first deer hunt in Southeast before... This hunt would be late Nov... Thxs.

4merguide

Reaction score
Called this guy in twice...First time I didn't wait long enough and I saw him walking out of a huge field. He didn't spook really, just kept walking. I ended up blowing the call again where the field transitioned to a smaller field and he came running to me. Can't say for certain it's the same buck as the first one I saw...

View attachment 81925

Nice buck Doc...!!!

cpot

Reaction score
Just got back from Sitka Thursday night. Had blue bird skies and nice temps the whole trip. Whoever says Sitka rains a lot is a liar! :lol: Managed a button buck and a nice spike who came in hot to the call. Oh and ate fresh dungees at night..... Great trip

4merguide

Reaction score
Just got back from Sitka Thursday night. Had blue bird skies and nice temps the whole trip. Whoever says Sitka rains a lot is a liar! :lol: Managed a button buck and a nice spike who came in hot to the call. Oh and ate fresh dungees at night..... Great trip

Rub it in why don't ya.......lol

L. G.

Reaction score
Solid is right. AK or WA buck? The ferns are throwing me off a bit. Sure looks like a Sitka BT

Larry Bartlett

Reaction score
shoot yeah, i couldn't have pulled it off without her. Teamwork is the key to family success whildst slayin bucks...:)

the girls on deer 3 (small).jpg the girls on deer 3 (small).jpg

Anythingalaska

Reaction score
Solid is right. AK or WA buck? The ferns are throwing me off a bit. Sure looks like a Sitka BT

Judging by the clearcut, I'm going to have to say POW. Looks like a POW rack. Beautiful red horned buck!

Those are some beautiful red horned Admiralty bucks as well Larry!