Thread: Kenai-Soldotna Snow Shoe Gun Range

Default Kenai-Soldotna Snow Shoe Gun Range

Just spoke with one of the directors of the Snow Shoe Gun Club and if you don't already have a key for 2020 you are out of luck for now. They have nothing in place to allow you to get a key. The club house is also closed, which I understand.

All this ammo me and my grandson are loading is going to die of old age. Crap!

Are they shutting the doors for good because of covid-19, or are they saying no new customers for year 2020 and better luck in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Just spoke with one of the directors of the Snow Shoe Gun Club and if you don't already have a key for 2020 you are out of luck for now. They have nothing in place to allow you to get a key. The club house is also closed, which I understand.

All this ammo me and my grandson are loading is going to die of old age. Crap!

They're holding off new ordination until further notice....

I went out and played in their mud today, it was GREAT to get outside!!!!

I plan on heading out there next week, if you want to tag along PM me

Do you need the orientation?
    Will they sell just keys at anytime for previous members not needing the orientation?
    I always try to get my key just before or after the 1st of the year depending on my work schedule.
    Looks like that was a wise choice this year.
    It cost the same no matter when you buy it anyway.
    I'll be out there next week shooting up some of these boolits I've been casting here in quarantine.
    Most likely just me and my dad though just to be safe.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

I'm curious if the range will be open since they say essential travel only? I guess I'll find out

Here is what one of the clubs directors told me. Keep watching the web site for further info on when new keys can be purchased and it is open to members who have 2020 keys. But, the Club House is closed till further notice. They were also probably going to close the range soon while the muddy road dries out from the spring thaw.

I am hoping to get a key soon and have a grandson loading ammo with me. I see no problem keeping a safe distance while at the range. Pulling triggers has always been good therapy, it will be even better therapy now with all of the virus restriction's in place.

Spring will arrive and the virus will go away. God Bless America and stay healthy my cyber shooting buddies.

Well I for one decided to cancel my range plans for this week.
    I really wanted to go but recognize the importance of staying home.
    I understand that I could go to the range with minimum human contact and without touching much but why take chances at all?
    It'll just be that much more fun when I do go!

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"