Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Spring Bear 2020 and Virus Implications

I want to thank Commissioner Vincent-Lang for listening to the overwhelming opinion of Alaskan residents who have been sooo looking fwd to going spring bear hunting after being cooped up with shelter-in-place orders for so long. There is no better social distancing than being out in the Alaska wilderness. As the Advisory statement said, we still must obey the intra-state travel mandate. Which means, no commercial flying from community to community unless you are exempted.

Was a crazy couple of days working on this issue, glad it got sorted out. Look for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by KCB View Post
    Wow. I have to admit this virus is more serious than I thought. It not only goes after the elderly and those with compromised immune systems but it can distinguish between sport hunters and qualified subsistence hunters. I also hear it can spread at gun stores but not a pot shops. Who would have thought. Driving from Eagle River in my own vehicle to my property in Anchor Point to check on my boat could be disastrous let alone taking my boat out into the Bay. That could be catastrophic since I’m not a “qualified” subsistence fisherman. I had no idea this virus was so seriously “woke”.
    I just spilled my coffee when I was reading about the “smart” virus... “can distinguish between sport hunters and qualified subsistence hunters. I also hear it can spread at gun stores but not a pot shops. Who would have thought.“ Probably the best thing I have read all day long..

Speaking of stores, Cabelas, Bass pro, and sportsmans was forced to close.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_h View Post
    Speaking of stores, Cabelas, Bass pro, and sportsmans was forced to close.
    They chose to close. They easily fit into many categories of "essential" businesses.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

They chose to close? Why am I seeing pictures of MOA stop work orders taped to the doors of sportsmans warehouse? Odd way to make a choice. Sportsmans posted on their facebook that "law enforcement mandated", yeah, sounds like they chose.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011