Thread: Bearcat 570 XT starter problem!

Default Bearcat 570 XT starter problem!

Hi all, I have a Bearcat 570 XT, the guy I bought it from had some spare parts, ring gear and starter, said it didn't sound right so he put in, what was suppose to be an updated ring gear and starter, but that didn't sound right either, like it is not making correct contact. Well, it has stopped working altogether now. Before I dig into it, are there any more updates for the starters on these things? I did a quick search, but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance.

I have a couple of those. The starters just don't last long. Either the Bendix isn't sliding out fast enough, which you can fix for awhile by spaying a bunch of WD-40 in there, or the teeth are gone on the starter itself. I've tried to get them rebuilt, but new ones are about the same price. They really don't last long. I've been able to get an extra year out of them by making sure I pull on the pull cord a few times, especially on cold mornings, to make sure the engine is loosened up. At this point, I have 4 machines that the starters don't work in, and just get my daily exercise pull starting them. If you find a good fix, let me know!

Good luck,
    Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

There was a recall on the starter gear I had one that got changed under warranty. They have been a problem since day one. I have 3 570XT's 2010 and 2 2013's. Use the rope! Especially when cold! I also have new ring gear in the garage at al times......
    Tim

The design is poor. The starter is not fastened to anything solid and flexes when used stripping the teeth quickly making the electronic start useless.

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post
    There was a recall on the starter gear I had one that got changed under warranty. They have been a problem since day one. I have 3 570XT's 2010 and 2 2013's. Use the rope! Especially when cold! I also have new ring gear in the garage at al times......
    What changed? Did it help?

Quote Originally Posted by daveybug View Post
    What changed? Did it help?
    They changed the gear on the starter. I don't know but it is easy to see wear and broken teeth on both. I don't not use the starter until I have run it enough to know it is warmed up.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post

Next time you replace one, how about doing a youtube video and posting it? I have not been able to find one for this machine.

Quote Originally Posted by msta999 View Post
    Next time you replace one, how about doing a youtube video and posting it? I have not been able to find one for this machine.
    That would be pushing my abilities!
    Tim