Thread: And a couple more bugs

Default And a couple more bugs

A couple more swinging bugs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fly 12.04.19.jpg   fly #1 2.16.20.jpg  

sure are pretty !

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I found that little piece of driftwood on a small tailout whirlpool. Probably did not catch any fish, but nothing new there! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    sure are pretty !
    Indeed, and will be a whole lot prettier when/if they produce fish!!!...….lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

For what it is worth, I truly could less if anything I tie catches a fish. I stopped caring about that aspect of "fishing" 25 years ago after catching my share of fish. With fewer fish, which I think we all will admit acknowledging these days, I'm glad to let the others enjoy that aspect of fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by steelguy View Post
    For what it is worth, I truly could less if anything I tie catches a fish. I stopped caring about that aspect of "fishing" 25 years ago after catching my share of fish. With fewer fish, which I think we all will admit acknowledging these days, I'm glad to let the others enjoy that aspect of fishing.

its the artist in you coming out

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by steelguy View Post
    That's fine....to each his own. But believe me, I've been fishing since I was able to walk and have also caught my share of fish. But I still do love eating them....a lot! Not to mention, I've never tired of the feeling of a fish on the end of my line since that very first fish I caught as a child. Don't get me wrong, I love just being out fishing, but I also do love catching!

I think I totally agree with you, started at the age of 5 on now 66 years later, nothing like feeling the tug but simply being out there is enough for me. Tightlines! Rob

I should probably elablorate a little.... Although what I said is all very true, I even like fishing more now because my kids, well I say "kids" but they're both in they're middle and late 20s now, love to fish as well, and I love taking them. My son is two years older than my daughter and he's always been a die hard fisherman since he was tiny. My friends would all comment on the patience he had even at a very young age. Then when my daughter got old enough, my son would take her down to the creek and they'd fish together. Fast forward a few years and my daughter has really put the pressure on my son as to who is the better fisherman! Being out there fishing with them is probably my most favorite thing to do in life. And a few years ago my son married and we've been teaching her to fish as well. Great times!

I, too, love fishing with my kids. Been doing it for nearly 50 years. But just you wait. I don't know why it's different, but fishing with the grandkids is its own special joy and reward. I can't imagine anything better.

I remember when I was 5 and my brother was 4, my dad to us fishing on the Rondout Creek, which is the largest tributary into Hudson River, NY. We caught sunfish on worms and had a great time! I have never stopped fishing since! My 4 grand kids though are more interested in everything other than fishing, but I still might be able to hook the 2 year old in a couple of years when he is 5.