Thread: New King Regulations for Kenai River

Default New King Regulations for Kenai River

According to Anchorage station WTUU, these are the approved new regulations, with changes highlighted. There are several changes in the paired regulations.

I believe the new text in in bold type, and the old text is in in all [CAPITAL LETTERS AND BRACKETS].

Under certain run forecasts, we may be able to keep kings less than 34 inches long. I have been thinking whether there is a way to successfully target smaller kings. Now I'd really like to know. Would smaller lures (kwikish, mag lips) tend to catch smaller fish? I don't try to catch fish that I can't keep.

They just can't keep their fingers out of that cookie jar now can they...???!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

GREAT NEWS.... could have done more, but anything that provides a little more conservation from status quo is a WELCOME change!

The new rules will put more fish on the gravel and reduce exploitation on LARGE kings when it matters most... good job BOF!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Sorry, but I still feel they should leave them ALL alone, but I know that's just a pipe dream now on my behalf...

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Sorry, but I still feel they should leave them ALL alone, but I know that's just a pipe dream now on my behalf...
    You're not the only one.
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

agree with this. Its always funny to see people say they should leave them along yet the still think its ok to do catch and release. Its a complete joke stop fishing for them let them be. Some people are just too greedy
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

I hear you, but I honestly think they are still looking in the wrong direction. I think the bigger issue is what’s happening in the salt, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    …..I think the bigger issue is what’s happening in the salt, but I could be wrong.....
    Totally agree. Besides the crazy amount of bycatch going on, I've heard so many things now about the conditions of our oceans it's actually gotten kinda scary. We loose our oceans and mankind is doomed, much less the fish!

Tried to rep you, but I've got to spread it around.