Thread: Trail treasures

Default Trail treasures

So living in Alexander and freighting the trail I have found many things on the trail, gloves, five gallon cans of gas, lunch cooler with lunch, flashlights, bucket full of Pike, unopened pack of smokes, even a brand new ice auger! Bur until today I had never found a 28 pack of Hebrew kosher hot dogs! I kid you not!

I was really surprised how good the trail is in.. hope to hit fig 8 next weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I was really surprised how good the trail is in.. hope to hit fig 8 next weekend..
    Yeah Elson Mast grooms the trail thru Flat horn and I do it out west. Haven't had as much trouble with atv
    s tearing it up as usual? Maybe they are trainable?

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    Yeah Elson Mast grooms the trail thru Flat horn and I do it out west. Haven't had as much trouble with atv
    s tearing it up as usual? Maybe they are trainable?
    this cold weather makes for one miserable ride on a wheeler. Unless wheeler has a windshield and heater grips. I remember I did it in a ranger yrs ago. It was one cold miserable trip. So I suspect that’s why atv traffic is low out their..

Side x side cruising the river today with full cab and tracks. Like riding in a truck, heat, tunes, bucket seats, looked pretty nice.
    Bk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Yeah, I got off the plane after 3 1/2 months in Hawaii at 5 below, it was pretty miserable too!

I went out ice fishing once on the peninsula.
    Took a back route to the lake and started picking up somebody's lunch a little at a time.
    Ended up with 2 packs hot dog buns, a couple of unopened Gatorades, a baggie full of matches, baggie of condiments.
    Everything but the hot dogs.
    Nothing was frozen and found nobody at the lake to return them too.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Once on a trip up the Yentna started finding rolls of paper towels on the trail each one had the plastic rapper and by the time got to the Big Bend had almost a full case of them.

One time my Dad and I were coming back from duck hunting in my old CJ5 w/softop. The softop was pretty old and beat up and the trail was bumpy. A few of the snaps had popped and I hadn't noticed. We had run into a friend of mine on the trail and he had turned around and was following us a ways back. We pulled over to take a leak or someting and my friend came up behind and said "Want a duck?" Seems I had been loosing ducks out the back for quite awhile. I think he found a half dozen or more!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Duck for dinner and Paper towels for cleanup! can't beat that!