Thread: Figure 8 lake

Default Figure 8 lake

I'm planning on heading out to figure 8 this Monday. Has anyone been out recently? If so how was trail condition and how was the fishing?

Was out their last Monday, the trail is in phenomenal shape. Unless last couple days wheelers went out their. I'm not against wheelers at all, just when they decide to do donuts every 20 ph ucking feet. The fishing was fine we ended up with 10 lost about 6-7.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Was out their last Monday, the trail is in phenomenal shape. Unless last couple days wheelers went out their. I'm not against wheelers at all, just when they decide to do donuts every 20 ph ucking feet. The fishing was fine we ended up with 10 lost about 6-7.
    Awesome thanks for the update! It's been a long time since I've ran out there. About how long did it take you one way? I'm assuming you were pulling a sled with gear as well right? It's just over 18 miles if I remember correctly right?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post

Hey 323 did you take a snowmachine out? I was planning on using my sled but if the trail is packed down good I may use my heated cab ranger instead Haha

Elson Mast is your local groomer, thank him for the great trails!

I’ve fished figure 8 for years and have never seen it rutted up so bad from 4 wheelers, just the occasional spot where one may have been stuck. Seems like that trail is always packed down real hard unless it snows a foot or two over night or warms up super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by USSDUCKSLAYER View Post
    Hey 323 did you take a snowmachine out? I was planning on using my sled but if the trail is packed down good I may use my heated cab ranger instead Haha
    we run sleds out their, the trail is set up pretty good to run a ranger out their for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by USSDUCKSLAYER View Post
    Awesome thanks for the update! It's been a long time since I've ran out there. About how long did it take you one way? I'm assuming you were pulling a sled with gear as well right? It's just over 18 miles if I remember correctly right?

Thanks again!
    running sleds takes us 30-45 minutes to get out their

Default Last weekend

Made a run last weekend on sleds. Trail was in good shape, probably a bit too soft for ATV's although someone had an Argo out there. Ice was a good 24" thick. Spent a few hours jigging and watching tip-ups. Ended up with seven total. Good day overall.
    Attached Images Attached Images