Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Under the waves in Whittier

  1. #1
    Member 0321Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,881

    Default Under the waves in Whittier

    Viz was crappy due to recent storms but it gave me time to search out the small things.
    Max depth 60'
    Water temp 39* bottom temp, 44* surface temp
    Viz: 10' at best

    _OI000325.jpg_OI000321.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member 0321Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Couple moreOI000315.jpg_OI000312.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member 0321Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Sea urchin close upOI000307.jpgOI000282.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Member 0321Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Seen lots of shrimp, this one let me get a closeup _OI000265.jpgOI000281.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Member bkmail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer, AK.
    Posts
    4,718

    Default

    Too cool. Always enjoy your diving pics.
    Thx for posting.
    Bk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

  6. #6
    Member Daveinthebush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Valdez, Alaska
    Posts
    5,787

    Default

    Very nice. I have friends that used to dive off of the dock in Valdez. Ladders, shopping carts, snow machines and all sorts of junk.

    Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans



  7. #7
    Member 0321Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Very nice. I have friends that used to dive off of the dock in Valdez. Ladders, shopping carts, snow machines and all sorts of junk.
    I try to dive the Whittier dock at least once a winter. I have found everything from diesel engines to vacuum cleaners and remote control boats to bicycles and tables.. Even a few deer carcasses last year.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Member 0321Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Too cool. Always enjoy your diving pics.
    Thx for posting.
    Bk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Member Andy82Hoyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    I try to dive the Whittier dock at least once a winter. I have found everything from diesel engines to vacuum cleaners and remote control boats to bicycles and tables.. Even a few deer carcasses last year.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    There was still a license plate at the bottom of the retrieve ramp last month. It had been there a few months.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Member 0321Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sterling, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy82Hoyt View Post
    There was still a license plate at the bottom of the retrieve ramp last month. It had been there a few months.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've never dove the harbor but I bet there's some great stuff down there.
    I did find the truck that went through hidden Lake last year. Took me two trips to find it.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    I've never dove the harbor but I bet there's some great stuff down there.
    I did find the truck that went through hidden Lake last year. Took me two trips to find it.
    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Awesome! Did you grab my Ray Bans?!?!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •