Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dry Aging a Dinosaur Bull

What elevation is that? Many of the mulies we hunted were pretty high, upwards of 10k feet sometimes. Different kinds of feed up there. I remember sitting my Dad down to a fresh grilled mulie steak and him taking the first bite and saying "You took good care of this one." I said, "Well it's all your fault Dad." See, he was meticulous when it came to field dressing and butchering his deer and taught me the same.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

If I understand this right, you are using all your trimmings? I would never have imagined they would be any good. I have ground scraps into sausage and mixed with meat and usually regret it.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Quote Originally Posted by scott_rn View Post
    If I understand this right, you are using all your trimmings? I would never have imagined they would be any good. I have ground scraps into sausage and mixed with meat and usually regret it.
    Not all of the trimmings, no. The sinewy trim does not get salvaged. With dry aging you end up with significant trim of what would have been good meat had it not dried up. I've used these dried trim scraps in burger, sausages, and to season broth and salts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12