Thread: Launching a boat with a motorhome

Default Launching a boat with a motorhome

I am curious to see if people launch their boats with a motorhome. I realize there is a lot of weight on the rear end of the motorhome but is there any issues especially retrieving your boat?

I won't do it, but from what I've personally seen, it all depends on the launch condition and water levels. I've seen a lot of water go into the back/belly cargo compartments while launching and/or retrieving boats, even on a good launch like Deshka landing at peak of summer.
    One guy tried up at Placer river to launch with a 24' class C, needed a wrecker too get him out. Did you see the one where the class A motorhome went for a swim in the Kenai river near Eagle Rock? Not good..

I have done it a few times at Whittier and a bunch of times in Seward. I have a 29 ft class C. I haven't had any issues where I have launched. Personally I won't launch with my mo-d-home unless it is a paved launch.

I tow my boat to Valdez and launch it, several times a year. No issues and have done it for 15 years.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

I've seen people put a front hitch on their motor homes for launching their boats.
    Seems like a bit of a PIA to drop the trailer and re-rig but it would make launching much easier.