Thread: You won't be seeing me at this one.

Default You won't be seeing me at this one.

FAA Safety Team | Safer Skies Through Education
    You have asked us to notify you when a webinar is scheduled that meets your criteria. The following webinar may be of interest to you:
    "NAFI - Emotional Safety Needs In The Flight School"
    Topic: Join Peg Ballou as she discusses the Hierarchy applied to Emotional Safety Needs in the Flight School.
    On Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 19:00 Central Standard Time (17:00 PST, 18:00 MST, 20:00 EST, 15:00 HST, 16:00 AKST, 18:00 Arizona, 01:00 GMT)

Select Number:
    CE0396954
    Description:

As flight instructors we are taught many platitudes in the Instructor Handbook that we often neglect to apply to the teaching environment. Emotional Safety in the Flight School is one of those. Join Peg Ballou as she “slips on her hip boots and wades” into a timely topic that may seem harmless, but is sensitive and applicable to our flight schools and personal careers.

• We will consider the physical environment
    • The personal stories of the student
    • Intimidation or prejudice
    • And sexual harassment

She will propose some actions the flight instructor as well as the flight school can enact to Protect Yourself. The presentation will include challenging discussion on this sometimes controversial subject matter.
    To view further details and registration information for this webinar, click here.
    The sponsor for this seminar is: FAASTeam

The following credit(s) are available for the WINGS/AMT Programs:
    Master Knowledge 2 - 1 Credit

Click here to view the WINGS help page
    Earn your WINGS to get a chance to win a cash prize. Go to www.mywingsinitiative.org for more info. Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GASafety/
    Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
    Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Can't say that I blame you. Seems odd....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Oh boy, flight school for snowflakes. I might set an age requirement for my drop hunts in the near future. He’s old, blind in one eye? Perfect.

I have yet to begin to procrastinate

More social engineering...
    Float-CFI, Photo Guide, Fishing Guide, Remote Kayaking
    Guest Cabin, Flight Reviews, Aerial Tours

Her comment about "slipping on her hip boots" is sexually suggestive and I'm offended.

Lol. We recently had to do some "Conscious Inclusion" training at work. Yano, to find out how we are being discriminatory to people without even knowing it..or meaning to. Luckily I was able to do the training online so no one could see how hard my eyes were rolling.

Yup, suck it up and join the club. Diversity and inclusion training all the way around and extra training on awareness of “unconscious bias” of others.......this sh@# has gotten out of control at the gigantic Seattle based air taxi that I work at. Pretty much industry standard now in the airline business. After all, I am sensitive person.LOL

Back when I was trying desperately to become a C150driver (many decades ago), my instructor yelled at me once, while turning off of 24 at Merrill "If that sh&*^y action that you'd call a f(&(*&( g landing is the best you can do after 12 hours, you better stick to driving your g(^&(*& truck."

I wish he'd had the referenced training, but, not knowing that I could complain about being intimidated, I just tried to do better the next time. Seemed to work out OK.