Thread: oil transfer pump ?

Default oil transfer pump ?

with our new building addition, we had to move the oil tank, its now about 40 feet from driveway, slight uphill. The local oil delivery guys charge an extra 50 cents a gallon to deliver. that adds up fast with a 300 gallon tank. So we bought a few 55 gallon drums and a transfer pump from the oil company and will fill those in town and transfer to big tank. Well the pump is at its limit for pushing that far and is very slow. Its what they sold, forget name, but it is about 1 foot long, can wrap my hand around it, and you drop it into drum and hook to 12 volt battery.

Don't want to spend a fortune or sit and hand pump for a hour,

any ideas ?

"– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

I’ve been using this one from Harbor Freight tools for the last 7 years, it’s 10GPM and is working good.https://www.harborfreight.com/12-vol...CABEgI-XfD_BwE

I'm glad this topic came up. I need to pump 30-40 gal. of heating oil from a 50 gal. barrel. It's old and I just want to dispose of it, can anyone tell me the best way to properly do so.

man I wish there was a harbor frieght here in alaska....i did a few dollars with them in the lower 48

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    yep good guys, but their pumps are out of my price range at least the ones in this link.
    amazon has some OK ones...I said OK not meaning great

Quote Originally Posted by kneedeep View Post
    I'm glad this topic came up. I need to pump 30-40 gal. of heating oil from a 50 gal. barrel. It's old and I just want to dispose of it, can anyone tell me the best way to properly do so.
    If you were in Fairbanks you could take it to the FNSB landfill and they would dispose of it for you for free. If it were me I'd look for same option in your area.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    If you were in Fairbanks you could take it to the FNSB landfill and they would dispose of it for you for free. If it were me I'd look for same option in your area.
    I'm in the Soldotna area and will take your advice, thank you.

Give Alaska rubber a call they sell all types of pumps for this type of thing

[QUOTE=fishslayer;1671917]I

Hey fishslayer, Any idea how much verticle lift that pump has? I need to go up about 10'.

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    Give Alaska rubber a call they sell all types of pumps for this type of thing
    are you talking about Alaska rubber and rigging,, man I was just in there yesterday...fairbanks..did not think of asking them about pumps for this purpose