Thread: New Kodiak LSX looks Bad to the Bone!

Default New Kodiak LSX looks Bad to the Bone!

Hello All, I've been waiting for Kodiak to introduce the new LSX 454 since we last saw it on the test stand last year. Just got some information on the engine and thought I'd pass it on. Naturally aspirated 511hp at 5192rpm. Should turn a 4.0KW Hamilton to about 4400rpm. Great replacement for the NLA 8.1L. If anyone's interested give us a call at Alaska Frontier Fabrication. 907-357-9323. Special pricing available at this time.

Mel
    Attached Files Attached Files
    North River, Alweld and Phantom Boats, Mercury Marine, FNM Marine Diesel
    Hamilton, Kodiak, Almarine Jet
    Prop, Impeller repair, Planar Heater Sales & Installation
    Visit www.akfrontierfab.com

Quote Originally Posted by Halibutgrove View Post
    Hello All, I've been waiting for Kodiak to introduce the new LSX 454 since we last saw it on the test stand last year. Just got some information on the engine and thought I'd pass it on. Naturally aspirated 511hp at 5192rpm. Should turn a 4.0KW Hamilton to about 4400rpm. Great replacement for the NLA 8.1L. If anyone's interested give us a call at Alaska Frontier Fabrication. 907-357-9323. Special pricing available at this time.

Mel
    Why wouldn’t you want a new Chevy LT4 with 650 horse from the factory with Hamilton behind it. About 5k cheaper than lsx. Better fuel economy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Several new options out now including the soon-to-be marinized GM6.6. LT4 power curve is going to require a bigger pump which comes at a cost, the LSX can still utilize a 212/4.0T impeller depending on hull weight and hit huge torque down low in the usable power curve. 87 octane being another solid advantage. If it were available 6 months ago, I would likely have gone that route.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default New LSX 510HP! Naturally aspirated

Just got a LSX in...more compact then I expected. We'll have it on display at our upcoming boat show Dec 13th - 15th.

This motor turns a standard 4.0Kw Hamilton to 4400....425hp at the pump. Looking forward to the sea trial!..

North River, Alweld and Phantom Boats, Mercury Marine, FNM Marine Diesel
    Hamilton, Kodiak, Almarine Jet
    Prop, Impeller repair, Planar Heater Sales & Installation
    Visit www.akfrontierfab.com

Bad to the bone🤘

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Why wouldn’t you want a new Chevy LT4 with 650 horse from the factory with Hamilton behind it. About 5k cheaper than lsx. Better fuel economy

I’m back in the gas jet boat game with a 30 foot bowpicker that has a tired 496 and Hamilton 1031. I am very happy to see there is a repower option again.

You’re right; the LT4 has more HP and torque. I guess the question for me is how they would compare for longevity. A smaller engine super charged to get as much performance as possible may not last as long as this 454. Curious what folks thing about this.

Naturally asperated, True Priority main oiling and cast iron block in my mind would give the LSX longevity over the LT4 and it does not have to spin up so hard to build torque or HP. I am a huge fan of turbos, compressors, blowers and such but when you add one to a GAS motor you just cut that engine life by a huge percentage. Not many blown GAS motors out the with hundred of thousands of miles or tens of thousands of hours.
    It may weight more but small cost for longevity.
    Just my 2 cents
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by HCL View Post
    Naturally asperated, True Priority main oiling and cast iron block in my mind would give the LSX longevity over the LT4 and it does not have to spin up so hard to build torque or HP. I am a huge fan of turbos, compressors, blowers and such but when you add one to a GAS motor you just cut that engine life by a huge percentage. Not many blown GAS motors out the with hundred of thousands of miles or tens of thousands of hours.
    It may weight more but small cost for longevity.
    Just my 2 cents
    Mike

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

If you go to hells canyon marine all new there boats are running lt4 which is the replacement for the lsa. It’s one sick power plant.