Thread: Something is eating the raspberry flowers

Default Something is eating the raspberry flowers

Earlier flowers came up fine, they are forming into berries. Now a bunch of the newer ones are being eaten, the center of the flowers is just eaten clean. What's the best way to deal with this?

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
    Earlier flowers came up fine, they are forming into berries. Now a bunch of the newer ones are being eaten, the center of the flowers is just eaten clean. What's the best way to deal with this?
    Aphids? Get a couple hundred lady bugs

Wow. Iím see lot of bees on mine
    A new bug ???
    Search for the culprit
    Check early morn.
    pictures?

I'll try to take a picture later but not much to see. Early on the flower life the center just get eaten. What's left behind is an empty flower cup.

The raspberries that came earlier seem to be doing fine. Whatever it is has been going for the flowers.

There are more spiders living on the raspberries now. We'll see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
    I'll try to take a picture later but not much to see. Early on the flower life the center just get eaten. What's left behind is an empty flower cup.

The raspberries that came earlier seem to be doing fine. Whatever it is has been going for the flowers.

There are more spiders living on the raspberries now. We'll see if that helps.
    what it sounds like to me is that the second batch wasnít well pollinated and the carpels (individual fruitlets that make up the berry) didnít develop.