Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dm790

With that as Vern pointed out if their is Army training going on at DTA during that time frame then you could end up eating that tag.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster85 View Post
    Iím in Ohio too, I put in for the disabled veteran moose hunts but didnít draw. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thank you for your service
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Did you end up getting a bull? My son shot a nice 5x5 brow bull on this hunt last year.

I forgot about this post.
    It was a lot more difficult to find a legal bull than I expected. I didn't want to just hunt from the road so I'd hike in a ways and I usually saw moose but no legal bulls. Then I'd hear shots and sure enough someone killed one right off the road somewhere.

Around day 7 I decided screw it, I can cover lot more ground by driving and glassing periodically besides everyone was killing them right off the road anyways. Finally spotted a good one on the evening of day 9 about 2miles off the road. Took of after him and killed my first moose just before dark that evening. What followed was one of the most exhausting nights of my life breaking that bull down by myself. Got back to my room in delta junction at 4am the next morning.
    Got all the meat out the next day.
    Ended up taping 52" and did have 4 brows on one side.
    I did pass on a bull twice on separate days earlier that I believe was 50" but too close for comfort.
    The last time I talked to the game warden lady I believe there had been 2 or 3 sub-legal bulls killed.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

It's nice to drive right up to one and shoot it but I do believe you have memories far greater doing what you did. Congratulations on a great hunt and moose.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Great Bull!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12