Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rebuilding a old GlasPly

Successful first trip, had to reseal the intake in the Valdez parking lot. NAPA had the parts, sure beat driving back to Fairbanks, and it wasn't raining.
    Ran to Cordova and BACK. 250 miles total, had a 3 blade 15 P that worked quite well, cruise 24-28 MPH at 3200-3300, ~2.3 -2.6 MPG. Max speed 40 at 4500-4600, burning 2 MPG.
    Pretty happy, everything worked as well as it did. However, going around Knowles head midday on Sunday was more excitement than I was interested in.
    We even caught one rockfish..... man that was a expensive fish, they should start getting cheaper.... haha
    “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

What an improvement over the original! Beautiful!!!!
    Check out Quickwater Adventure water taxi/transport services: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quick...37553606260978

I love it! My friend and I purchased a 1979 Glasply last fall that we will be attempting to refresh. Did you do the window surrounds yourself or did you have it done somewhere? Our window surrounds are pretty shot.IMG_7640 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by malverts View Post
    I love it! My friend and I purchased a 1979 Glasply last fall that we will be attempting to refresh. Did you do the window surrounds yourself or did you have it done somewhere? Our window surrounds are pretty shot.
    We bought new extrusions from a place in Canada, they were reasonable, but you have to pull the hardtop off to replace the frames, its a project. We also bought new track and cat whiskers from the same outfit.
    They no longer list the parts on their website, but I am sure they would still have them, it took some searching to find a place to sell what we needed. The new extrusions were a identical match to the originals. The windows in the bulkhead and cuddy are flanged style and came form bounty marine in Oregon.
    “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Thank you Akgramps for the intel. I am not certain we are ready to pull the hardtop off, certainly not in the summer. You did a fantastic job on your boat. Well done!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234