Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Open Seat/Looking for a Hunting Partner

Quote Originally Posted by williwaw View Post
    I'm looking for someone to partner up with next September to hunt moose in the Clearwater Controlled Use area off of the Denali Hwy. I'm using canoes to get access and it's no picnic getting back there, in fact it takes a couple days of paddling, portaging and lining to gain access. I've done the trip 3 times and have it down, but my mentors are getting too long in the tooth and this is no solo trip. Two guys, two canoes, float out a big bull and maybe a bou or two if the Nelchina herd ever bounces back. I call it "The Promised Land'. No motorized access. The price of admission is high but weeds out most of the competition. It's a bit of a wild ride out so someone comfortable with a little white water, or at a minimum some big cajonas and tolerance for cold water. A good attitude is a must. I have extra canoes. Split the meat 50/50. If you're serious and interested drop me a line and we can talk about it.
    'charlie foxtrot romeo oscar sierra tango 007 'at' gmail dot com

The route is secret so don't expect me to go spilling the beans on a public forum.

Thanks and happy hunting.

Willy
    That's something that I would be interested in. I'll email you.

sounds like a good trip, i'll shoot you an email too.

Quote Originally Posted by williwaw View Post
    I'm looking for someone to partner up with next September to hunt moose in the Clearwater Controlled Use area off of the Denali Hwy. I'm using canoes to get access and it's no picnic getting back there, in fact it takes a couple days of paddling, portaging and lining to gain access. I've done the trip 3 times and have it down, but my mentors are getting too long in the tooth and this is no solo trip. Two guys, two canoes, float out a big bull and maybe a bou or two if the Nelchina herd ever bounces back. I call it "The Promised Land'. No motorized access. The price of admission is high but weeds out most of the competition. It's a bit of a wild ride out so someone comfortable with a little white water, or at a minimum some big cajonas and tolerance for cold water. A good attitude is a must. I have extra canoes. Split the meat 50/50. If you're serious and interested drop me a line and we can talk about it.

The route is secret so don't expect me to go spilling the beans on a public forum.

Willy

I also have a canoe and would be up for the adventure. If you’re still looking for your next victim...ahh...partner...give me a shout and we can talk about it over a beer or two sometime :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving up to the Palmer area at the end of July/ early August and wanted to see if anyone out there would be interested in a helping hand on their hunt. I really just want to learn and get some experience from someone who is has some knowledge they'd be willing to share.

Really interested in sheep hunting. I've been mostly a backpack hunter down in the lower 48, so I don't mind a death march to get to the country.

Also worth mentioning, I'm not a spot thief or a loud-mouth. I've discovered my fair share of hidden gems down here that will go to the grave with me, and I fully intend to do the same once I get up there.

Quote Originally Posted by jballa34 View Post
    Moving up to the Palmer area at the end of July/ early August and wanted to see if anyone out there would be interested in a helping hand on their hunt. I really just want to learn and get some experience from someone who is has some knowledge they'd be willing to share.

Really interested in sheep hunting. I've been mostly a backpack hunter down in the lower 48, so I don't mind a death march to get to the country.

Also worth mentioning, I'm not a spot thief or a loud-mouth. I've discovered my fair share of hidden gems down here that will go to the grave with me, and I fully intend to do the same once I get up there.
    Welcome to the forum! Growing up in Tahoe I used to spend a lot of time shooting and jackrabbit/cottontail hunting out Hwy 50 east of Carson.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Growing up in Tahoe I used to spend a lot of time shooting and jackrabbit/cottontail hunting out Hwy 50 east of Carson.
    Right on. That area out there by Dayton has blown up. It’s the “affordable housing” area now. I’ve also chased rabbits and deer sheds out that way. Lots of wild horses.

Quote Originally Posted by jballa34 View Post
    Right on. That area out there by Dayton has blown up. It’s the “affordable housing” area now. I’ve also chased rabbits and deer sheds out that way. Lots of wild horses.
    I don't doubt it's gotten big out there. Except for the lake I guess I wouldn't even recognize Tahoe anymore. Yeah, at that time most the wild horses used to be out a bit further than we'd go for rabbits. But I do remember seeing them. A friend of mine watched two stallions fighting one time right off the side of the highway. Is "Moonlight" ranch still there? At the time, that was the place to go when we were kids. Talk about scared little boys!....lol.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I don't doubt it's gotten big out there. Except for the lake I guess I wouldn't even recognize Tahoe anymore. Yeah, at that time most the wild horses used to be out a bit further than we'd go for rabbits. But I do remember seeing them. A friend of mine watched two stallions fighting one time right off the side of the highway. Is "Moonlight" ranch still there? At the time, that was the place to go when we were kids. Talk about scared little boys!....lol.

Not sure about that one. I’ve driven by a few out there that seem to be doing quite well. Haha

I'm going to post here even though I don't see any recent posts. I'm the only local in a bunch of hunters coming up for a DIY Moose hunt in Units 18 and 21E. I need another resident hunter to come along on this hunt. I have a 27 foot boat custom made for the classic Yukon River moose hunt. I also have extensive experience hunting the area. I worked for a hunting transporter in the area for two seasons. If you are a resident this hunt will cost you less than $1000 and in unit 18 you can shoot two moose - a cow and any antlered bull. The area is arguably the best area in the State. We enjoyed 95% success on all big bulls. Just about all over 50" or 4 brow tines. Brown and black bears plentiful and legal in Sept, plus ducks, geese and great fishing for huge pike. Message me here for more details

Default position filled

Quote Originally Posted by alaska river freight 2019 View Post
    I'm going to post here even though I don't see any recent posts. I'm the only local in a bunch of hunters coming up for a DIY Moose hunt in Units 18 and 21E. I need another resident hunter to come along on this hunt. I have a 27 foot boat custom made for the classic Yukon River moose hunt. I also have extensive experience hunting the area. I worked for a hunting transporter in the area for two seasons. If you are a resident this hunt will cost you less than $1000 and in unit 18 you can shoot two moose - a cow and any antlered bull. The area is arguably the best area in the State. We enjoyed 95% success on all big bulls. Just about all over 50" or 4 brow tines. Brown and black bears plentiful and legal in Sept, plus ducks, geese and great fishing for huge pike. Message me here for more details
    This position has been filled. It happened quickly - not surprising since it is the deal of a lifetime

Bump it to the top. The guy that said he'd do the canoe hunt for moose up in the Clearwater mountains bailed on me, so I'm back to square one looking for someone to team up with. Canoeing experience and moose hunting and packing experience a big plus. Still looking to go for around ten days or so in early September. I know it feels like a long shot but hoping to connect with the right partner to make this a memorable hunt and come out with a big bull. Fingers crossed.

charlie foxtrot romeo oscar sierra tango 007 'at' gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by HuntingAlaska View Post
    That's something that I would be interested in. I'll email you.
    Get ahold of me. Guy that said he was in bailed.

7-11-19 Guy that said he was in bailed on me. Really want to pull this trip together. It's epic.

Willy

I drew a 165 sheep tag for this fall and have plans to head out with Meekins on Sept 3rd or 4th. I had a very experienced friend who was going to be coming along, but he just had to cancel due to a family medical emergency. I have quite a bit of hunting experience in Alaska but very little with sheep. I cannot afford a guide but can help with the airfare. Ideally I'd like to find someone who has the same tag and we could work an area together. I'm sure most people who were fortunate enough to draw this tag have long since made their plans, but I thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone was interested or had some ideas. Thanks!

Looking for an experienced moose hunting partner, I am geared up and have went solo for the last 3 days but no luck. Could hunt by wheeler or inflatable boat, just don't know any good places yet. I have off from now until September 3rd... if any one is interested let me know your experience. I am a disabled combat veteran so very limited hiking packing is a limitation I have Probably no more than 1/2 mile on flat terrain.

Default Kodiak Goat

My partner can't go on my Center Mountain goat hunt so I was wondering if there were any solo permit holders that might be interested in going.

Hi all. Looking for someone to join me in spring bear. I'm going to set up a bait station. Not sure if it'll be north or south of Anchorage (Where I'm located). Preferably someone with an ATV/SxS so we can get eachother unstuck if need be. I have everything I need and then some.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819