"Settings" gone on top menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question "Settings" gone on top menu

There one minute, gone the next, leaving a gap between "My Profile" and "Log Out". What gives?

yeah, what gives?
    that is where i always checked first...
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

My best guess......... when a v-bulletin admin wants to forcefully (without persmission) enter settings pages of whoever they want, the "settings" option becomes unavail. to the forum users. This a stone cold example of what happens when an option like "settings" becomes disabled as that is one option that's easily entered by admin. I was told this by a v-bulletin expert, as I don't know jack sht about how this forum junk works. It's also true that if you think you're afforded privacy as to WHO you Rep and for what reason.....think again.

with that said, I don't worry about privacy issues with who i PM or Give rep points to.........confidence and transparency in everything I type.

Please keep in mind that this is just a theory, one of which I hope is proven wrong.

Another prime example to prove this true......is you will see multiple forum members banned or given flame rule violations that occur at one particular time.
      www.freightercanoes.com www.copperheadalaska.com
      sigpic
      matnaggewinu

Comment

Can someone who knows please tell me how I access my subscribed forums now?

Comment

i just went to my history and found the last time i accessed "settings" and... voila!
          Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
          http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

We're not sure what happened, fellas. It's not some back-door way for us to gain access to anyone's private information, regardless of what you may have heard from a vBulletin expert. We're working on getting this figured out and will have that function restored as soon as possible.

Comment

Not sure how you did that HD.

I think I got a rap on the knuckles for maybe going over the line in the thread on federal close down. Strange though.

Comment

yup, it's missing for us mods too. As I have said before though I can only speak for myself, I really never mess with folks accounts outside necessary mod duties. Not that you aren't all very fascinating people of course!

Comment

how 2 access your subscribed forums, and why "Settings" link no longer appears

Originally posted by Rich_in_AK View Post
                  Can someone who knows please tell me how I access my subscribed forums now?
                  click on Quick Links, then click on Subscribed Threads

So far as to the root of the disappearance, this HTML snippet looks pretty suspect:

<li><a href="usercp.php"></a></li>

The HTML tag that starts out "a href" is a link and the "/a" tag ends the operation, with what's in between is the text that is the link's text that you click on to go to that link. but there's no text there, so voila', there is now no link on screen for us to click on.

Instead, that line should read like this:

<li><a href="usercp.php">Settings</a></li>

Mods/admin, go into your page template for the main page template and make this change (adding the word "Settings" to this spot) and it'll reappear, just like it was never gone.

Comment

i was wondering how all my pm's got read when i had not read them, u tricky buggers! can i please have my settings button back?
                    Semper Fi!

Comment

Until its fixed, use this link - i.e., click below on the word &quot;Settings&quot;

Settings

Comment

Spooky FM...Real Spooky....
                        No more nasty little secrets for any of us!!!
                        That opened so many doors, I am blushing!
                        "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
                        ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Comment

Huh?

Originally posted by Akres View Post
                          Spooky FM...Real Spooky....
                          No more nasty little secrets for any of us!!!
                          That opened so many doors, I am blushing!
                          I'm not sure what you find to be all spooky like. It's just HTML.

I've been doing HTML since most forum members here were in Jr. High.

HTML is nothing more than a simple text file that is interpreted in run time. Easy as Pie.

Comment

Holy smokes, Familyman..........that is kind of scary.

This internet voodoo is creepy stuff, I clicked on that "settings" link you provided and it led me right to the whole reason a government shutdown is about to occur. :cool:
                            www.freightercanoes.com www.copperheadalaska.com
                            sigpic
                            matnaggewinu

Comment

Originally posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
                              Holy smokes, Familyman..........that is kind of scary.

This internet voodoo is creepy stuff, I clicked on that "settings" link you provided and it led me right to the whole reason a government shutdown is about to occur. :cool:
                              That makes sense, yes.

The link I provided takes you to the location on the Internet where you most want to go. For Rich, that would be the Settings page. Now we know what you're looking for, my friend. And from the sounds of grey, he has his own unique mission here on the Internet. ;-)

(P.S. Since it was first said in 1979 "No one can see the sarcastic smile you were wearing when you typed that", let me assure all that nothing in this post is true, except that Mainer is indeed a good friend.)

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X