X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapatalk Poll- please take a minute!

Hi folks,

As many of you know, we just added a new way to access our forums; Tapatalk. This program allows you to access the forums through four smart phones: iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and Nokia. Currently this app costs $2.99 per user, all of which goes to Tapatalk directly. We have an opportunity to purchase a license for Tapatalk, and if we do, the revenue goes to Outdoors Directory instead. The cost is the same to you, but it gives our site more financial strength, which allows us to improve it even more. If you are a smart phone user, please complete the following poll, so we can assess how many folks would actually use this service if it were available. If it's not cost-effective, we won't do it, but we'd like to see if there is enough interest to justify the substantial cost to the site.

Thanks for your help!

-Mike
    iPhone
    44.00%
    Android
    25.33%
    BlackBerry
    2.67%
    Nokia
    0%
    Not interested
    29.33%
    Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (907) 229-4501

maybe ignorance is bliss?

I have a moto Droid and use it daily to check this forum. Seems pretty easy, not sure I would purchase anything.

Comment

I don't own a Cell phone, of any type.
      "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

You and the other 8 guys in your town just communicate over an intricate network of string and soup cans.

Comment

I use it and like it. If you don't purchase the licence will we still be able to use it?

Comment

Tried 3 times now to install this tapa-thingie to my BB and it doesn't work. When you try to run it, there is an error that kills the app. So if the app actually worked, I'd try it. Until then, I'm not interested.
            Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

Originally posted by Crumm View Post
              I use it and like it. If you don't purchase the licence will we still be able to use it?
              Yes; nothing will change from the user end. The difference is that the $$ goes to the site instead of to TapaTalk. The price tag of purchasing the license means we'd have to sell 300 downloads to break even. We're trying to see ifenough members are interested, to justify the move.

Mike
              Michael Strahan
              Site Owner
              Alaska Hunt Consultant
              1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                You and the other 8 guys in your town just communicate over an intricate network of string and soup cans.

Well, We mostly communicate with a single finger. Said finger can be contiguous with a trigger mechanism, and/or the "One'finger Salute, which communicates: "Be fruitful and multiply".......
                "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

I use an htc hero with Android to access the forums the majority of my visits. It works fine without using the paid for app.

-akiceman25
                  I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Comment

I clicked IPhone, but what I really use is my IPod touch. If I find out you guys buy the license I'll get the app. It will be nice to know where the $2.99 went. Otherwise I'll stick with the browser even though it's not fully functional. I just hate buying apps.
                    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Comment

Tapatalk makes ODD very user friendly on a cell phone and much faster. Definitely worth the $3!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
                      sigpic

Comment

If it's so great, why can't they make it work on a BlackBerry?
                        Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

JOAT, when was the last time you attempted a re-install? It appears there have been some recent upgrades and tweeks to make the app work more seamlessly with the blackberry. Also an older version of tapatalk might work.

http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2572
                          sigpic

Comment

First time was a couple days ago, right after the forum upgrade. Last attempt (before 5 minutes ago) was yesterday. New download and install each time. Same startup failure on first attempt to run the app each time, followed by deleting the app and walking away.

Read the linked Tapa forum. That info is from back in May, but the problem was identical to what my BB does (and yes, I'm on the same model Curve 8900 that was posted about in that forum). So, I went and downloaded the older version of the app as recommended on that forum, and it is up and running. So it has to be something wrong with the newer version of the app. You'd think that after knowing about the problem for a couple months they would have done something.

I'll play with this for a bit and see if it looks like something I'll want to buy.
                            Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post
                              The price tag of purchasing the license means we'd have to sell 300 downloads to break even.
                              Unless they are going to pay you for the people that already have it I imagine it would take quite some time to break even.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X