No announcement yet.

Posting Pictures, its driving me crazy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Pictures, its driving me crazy.

I cant seem for the life of me to post pictures in the thread on this forum. I am using phoobucket and trying to attach a URL image and everytime it says the fle is too big. What can I do to make it fit. I gave up on the distorted resolution pics from Jpegs that stinks. I have no problem on other forums attaching my URL from Photobucket but here it wont work. Any help?

Every picture I have posted on here has been from my Photobucket account.

Comment

As you are looking at your Photobucket page you will see 3 URL's under each picture, which URL are you using? The picture I just posted was the top URL.

Comment

Thats the one I am using too Allen. It says its too big and I have tried lots of pictures none work?

Comment

I'm a little fuzzy on how all this works, but I think there is a limit to the size of the image.

On some forums, it's possible to see pictures that are much larger than the window. The size is limited here, but I do not recall exactly what is the limit. I suspect that if your image is under 600 pixels wide, it should work.

If you right click on the image (Windows) and click properties, you'll see how big the image is (in pixels). If it's way bigger than 600 px, that may be the problem.

David

Comment

pics

When you post a photo are you using this icon in the toolbar -

or just posting the url? If you use this icon, it will have a place to paste the url and it should pop right up with [img] before and after the address. If the photos are too big, you can resize them on the photobucket site using the edit function. Just try resizing down until it allows the photo on the site.

I am using a 5.1 megapixel camera and don't resize anything, just upload it to photobucket and put a link here. If you just post the url, it will only show the link and not the photo.
            AKmud
            sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Where is this icon in what tool bar. I am going to manage your attachments and putting the URL where it says URL and clicking upload.. I dont see that little image cue any where while posting or replying. Where is that at. I am familiar with that feature on other forums but dont see it anywhere on this one.

Comment

On the Quick Reply message tool bar it is the 7th Icon over.

Comment

On the Post Reply tool bar it is the 14th Icon over on the second row of Icons.

Comment

Allen I dont have any rows of icons when I click post reply.

Comment

Go into your user control panel. Click on the Edit Options link. Go too the bottom of that page and see what your Miscellaneous Options are set on. Set your Message Editor Interface Options to the Full WISYWIG Editing mode.

Comment

Your the man Allen, Thanks!

Comment

You are quite Welcome. Glad it is working for you now.

Comment

Much better pic than the original thumbnail you posted! He sure looks proud to be out with dad!
                            AKmud
                            sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Yeah he really likes riding the wheeler, but he would have been a lot happier if we had seen a bear!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X