Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey this rep system is really starting to suck..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hey this rep system is really starting to suck..

    every time i try to give rep.. i get dinged. to much in 24 hours... have to wait.. until we get a new batch of members.. etc etc...

    can we relax it some now? i bet i hit 10 buttons before i am allowed to give it out again.. and then the mood of the post is long past. and i forget which ones i wanted to rep.. wait 24 hours? IF YOU haven't noticed i am impatient... i cant wait 10 min...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  • #2
    ohh yeah the rep system.. lol i forgot..
    sigpic
    If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

    Comment


    • #3
      don't be afraid

      Originally posted by Vince View Post
      every time i try to give rep.. i get dinged. to much in 24 hours... have to wait.. until we get a new batch of members.. etc etc...

      can we relax it some now? i bet i hit 10 buttons before i am allowed to give it out again.. and then the mood of the post is long past. and i forget which ones i wanted to rep.. wait 24 hours? IF YOU haven't noticed i am impatient... i cant wait 10 min...
      I'd suggest don't be afraid to give rep to a post that has good content, even if it is from a member that you know you don't agree with on some/many things.

      Rep given is just a little sticker, not a marriage license.

      If there aren't many dozens of people that have posted something with content that you believe is useful, then you're right, the rep system doesn't work for you. But that doesn't mean that its wrong.

      Comment


      • #4
        NOT Afraid to give out rep Family guy... i give to much

        It was tightened up to six hits oris it ( points?) when the system was new... i think it is time to loosen it up some especially with all the new members we are getting...

        i just cant give any.

        the evil little... "you ho you spent your load in 24 hour message keeps popping up....:
        "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

        meet on face book here

        Comment


        • #5
          typin' ain't talkin'

          Yes but obviously to a certain few or you wouldn't have the problem that you posted about.

          There are a heckuva lot of members that make good informative posts here; I see them. Way more than dozens and dozens of members. I believe that if a reader doesn't see that, then they will experience exactly the problem you describe.

          I tried to say that the first time but typin' ain't talkin', sorry.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FamilyMan View Post
            Yes but obviously to a certain few or you wouldn't have the problem that you posted about.

            There are a heckuva lot of members that make good informative posts here; I see them. Way more than dozens and dozens of members. I believe that if a reader doesn't see that, then they will experience exactly the problem you describe.

            I tried to say that the first time but typin' ain't talkin', sorry.

            nothing about a certain few...you can only hit so many post per 24 hour period... that is separate from hit a person you have to give 30 other hit before you can hit that person again.. it used to be 20 but it got out of hand. as it is now... i can only give rep on 3-4 post per day... don't matter WHO it is....i tried to hit your last one and got the 24 hour message... so maybe i will remember tomorrow you made a good point...
            "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

            meet on face book here

            Comment


            • #7
              hearing what you're saying

              I am hearing what you're saying Vince. When you take the time and thought to understand a post and then decide to click on the scales of justice, you don't want to be told by "the system" that you can't. It feels like some machine thinks it knows better than you and not only wants to, but did overrule you, the human's judgment.

              I bet I see these "denials" from the system more than your avvverrrraaaage bear, and at first they bothered me. From your post, Vince, you do too and they still bother you.

              I got around being bothered by them by just shrugging it off as 100% inconsequential and believing that in "the system's" judgment either that person has already gotten enough credit, or in its judgment I've given too much credit and it doesn't want to hear my input right now.

              Oh well. I guess one other side effect of mentally discarding the denials is that now I put less thought into it before sending rep. And most all the rep I send is anonymous; I don't want discussion or further analyzing of any rep I've given, ever.

              Comment


              • #8
                Reps

                Vince, give up the rep system. Takes me two posts to see if someone knows what they are talking about. I came to Alaska in 1960, and I laugh about a lot of these posts from experts.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FamilyMan View Post
                  I am hearing what you're saying Vince. When you take the time and thought to understand a post and then decide to click on the scales of justice, you don't want to be told by "the system" that you can't. It feels like some machine thinks it knows better than you and not only wants to, but did overrule you, the human's judgment.

                  I bet I see these "denials" from the system more than your avvverrrraaaage bear, and at first they bothered me. From your post, Vince, you do too and they still bother you.

                  I got around being bothered by them by just shrugging it off as 100% inconsequential and believing that in "the system's" judgment either that person has already gotten enough credit, or in its judgment I've given too much credit and it doesn't want to hear my input right now.

                  Oh well. I guess one other side effect of mentally discarding the denials is that now I put less thought into it before sending rep. And most all the rep I send is anonymous; I don't want discussion or further analyzing of any rep I've given, ever.
                  Exactly... sorta.. it is not that it bothers me. but i like to be able to regardless.....(then the alaskan kicks in and don't like being told what i can or can not do...):rolleyes:

                  Originally posted by Edd View Post
                  Vince, give up the rep system. Takes me two posts to see if someone knows what they are talking about. I came to Alaska in 1960, and I laugh about a lot of these posts from experts.
                  Edd. you know i don't see any experts on here. However i do see a lot of people with differing back grounds and opinions... and by keeping an open mind toward those opinions i have actually learned a few things.. Personally i say it as i see it... i see the rep system as a way to provide feed back with out cluttering the threads any more or hijacking them worse then they are...


                  Also... Family.. i leave my name on all my reps.... i have never been questioned on it. of course i am one of the few here that do not hide behind a screen name..so i don't have an issue with folks knowing who i am...and if they don't like what i think of it.. well, they will let me know.
                  "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

                  meet on face book here

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    another good laugh! And no I didn't learn any thing from your last post.!! Lighten up. If credit is do, OK. But I don't see a lot of posts I would punch a button to make some one a hero??

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      can everyone now see in their user CP who gave them rep?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nope

                        Originally posted by nategr View Post
                        can everyone now see in their user CP who gave them rep?
                        I can see the posts that I got one on, but unless they signed it (as one person did) in the remarks section, it doesn't say who left them. Maybe I am missing something. Wouldn't be the first time and sure won't be the last.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mods can see this but regular members can't so I assume that it is a symptom of the recent membership upgrades. I am not sure however if it was intentional or not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                            Mods can see this but regular members can't so I assume that it is a symptom of the recent membership upgrades. I am not sure however if it was intentional or not.

                            Must be the member upgrade as I can see who leaves them.

                            I can see the posts that I got one on, but unless they signed it (as one person did) in the remarks section, it doesn't say who left them. Maybe I am missing something. Wouldn't be the first time and sure won't be the last.
                            it would be after the date and before the comment.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I am just a member

                              but see who left me notes.

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X