Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If your name is ***** you have to change it to Richard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If your name is ***** you have to change it to Richard

    I just tried to use the first Name DlCK in one of the posts, and it came up **** what is with that....? If your name is DlCK is your name XXX......?:rolleyes:
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

  • #2
    I went to high school with a guy named Richard Head. He was a big, strong guy, and you had better call him Richard.

    Comment


    • #3
      Coffee out the nose. Thanks Palmer
      The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

      Comment


      • #4
        My neighbor when I was a kids was named **** Skills, I kid you not!

        Comment


        • #5
          Had an elementary principal named D i c k Blue. The name always made us giggle. He was an ornery old cuss!
          sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think that would be really difficult for the system to discern between the difference of the word or maybe it just simply can't, so I think that it might as well be kept on the 'do not post word' list. ?!?!
            Lurker.

            Comment


            • #7
              So penis, and Swantz, and pecker are O.K. but d*ck is not, HELLO.
              "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

              Comment


              • #8
                If we have a member by that name, perhaps we need to reconsider our approach. Sometimes the shotgun approach takes out unintended targets, but...overall it hasn't been an issue with this particular name. Time for a switch?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Perhaps we need to add some words to our list. It's a work in progress, really - when someone uses a term to call someone else a name, it often is added to our list. Not always - but for the more common ones it goes a long way towards saving time for our moderators.

                  I wouldn't edit out the word penis, as that's a biological term that is used in game regulations (i.e. the penis sheath must remain natually attached to the meat for some animals). As for the others you listed, well...we take action as it's needed. I certainly appreciate the feedback, as that's how we make this site better and correct oversights.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thats funny. Also knew someone with one of those names. Went by D**key SP*ick in grade school, then D**k SP*ick in Highchool. What were his parents thinking?:confused:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                      Perhaps we need to add some words to our list. It's a work in progress, really - when someone uses a term to call someone else a name, it often is added to our list. Not always - but for the more common ones it goes a long way towards saving time for our moderators.

                      I wouldn't edit out the word penis, as that's a biological term that is used in game regulations (i.e. the penis sheath must remain natually attached to the meat for some animals). As for the others you listed, well...we take action as it's needed. I certainly appreciate the feedback, as that's how we make this site better and correct oversights.
                      It started in a thread when I was trying to write about D I C K Proennekee of "One mans wilderness". And it was not making any sense to read it back, because it was all stars. And the people who knew him did not call him Richard. It just seems like a strange place to draw the line, with such a common name. And what is the point if you can still use the word that offends someone but change the letter spacing. On the radio and T.V. you hear frickin this, or that, people know what is meant.
                      "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Fair enough - you're probably right. I'll go make the change, as long as you guys will help and report posts that use it in the other fashion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                          Fair enough - you're probably right. I'll go make the change, as long as you guys will help and report posts that use it in the other fashion.
                          That requires us being responsible. :rolleyes:
                          j/k
                          Lurker.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                            Fair enough - you're probably right. I'll go make the change, as long as you guys will help and report posts that use it in the other fashion.
                            Thank You.......... Brian, If you want to delete my post #9 I think the thread still makes sense to read......
                            "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                              If we have a member by that name, perhaps we need to reconsider our approach. Sometimes the shotgun approach takes out unintended targets, but...overall it hasn't been an issue with this particular name. Time for a switch?
                              sorry I can't resist but did you use this term on purpose?

                              Besides every one knows that dick takes out unintended targets with his shotgun


                              Ok I gotta stop I could pick this one apart all day... you should have seen me rolling when I went to adjust the font size of member....

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X