The Server Switch- any comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Server Switch- any comments?

Okay, today (3/9/09) we switched over to our new, huge bank of servers! Somewhere machines are humming, lights flashing, and things are.... WORKING! YESSS!

So far it looks like our site is smokin' fast, with better page load times than we've seen in a long time. But that's just my experience.

I am very interested in your comments on how it is working for you (or not working). How about it?

-Mike
    Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (907) 229-4501

Seemless. I seem to be limited only by my internet connection speed now.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Comment

It seems to be cruising along quite smooth and very quick Mike. I have had no issues and it was only done for a short period of time. I was able to keep from from going through ODD withdrawles
      Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

Looks good to me. I didn't even notice, although with the Iditarod I wasn't online much this weekend.

Comment

Working good for me. I had lots of trouble getting on for the last week or so. It would just freeze up. No problems now

Thanks Mike!
          The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Lock up

Originally posted by danattherock View Post
            Working good for me. I had lots of trouble getting on for the last week or so. It would just freeze up. No problems now

Thanks Mike!
            Mike, I had the same problems as Dan, freezing and real slow to connect. Real nice now and I just thougth my computer was getting faster. Nice job, thanks, Mark

Comment

Originally posted by oakman View Post
              Looks good to me. I didn't even notice, although with the Iditarod I wasn't online much this weekend.

Same here. She flys now though!! I had no interruption at all and came down here to see what went on. Great work!

Thanks
              Andy
              Andy
              On the web= C-lazy-F.co
              Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
              Call/Text 602-315-2406
              Phoenix Arizona

Comment

A little Trouble

Today I seem to be having a little trouble opening posts. They will open but it is way slower than it was. Had been working great. I'm on a fast system so don't know if it is the site or my computer.
                Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Comment

Mike, epic speed now! Great move!
                  The Alaska Life www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
                  sigpic

~Spero Meliora~

Comment

it's different?
                    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Comment

yes, it is.

Originally posted by Vince View Post
                      it's different?
                      Vince,

We just quadrupled the size of our servers to 2TB on Monday and are now running at about .5% of our available bandwidth. Disregard if you are not seeing any difference.

-Mike
                      Michael Strahan
                      Site Owner
                      Alaska Hunt Consultant
                      1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Related to the switch?

I just posted on the powerboat thread and my post wasn't there. I posted another one and then both were there, so I deleted one and now I don't see either of the 2.
                        I posted a loooong thread on my winter moose hunt and it never came up, but it was late so I went to bed thinking I had screwed something up. I am awake now and wonder where my post under "Homer Derby" went to. Not to mention my moose hunting story.

I am logging right on, fast page loads, so no other issues. Any ideas?
                        Live life and love it
                        Love life and live it

Comment

Now I see my post under powerboating, but not the one I just posted here. Maybe there is now a delay mechanism for posts?
                          There is a real chance I hit the wrong button for my moose story.
                          Live life and love it
                          Love life and live it

Comment

I am somewhat unique do to the foreign sat internet thing, but If I go to www.forums.outdoorsdirectory.com I get to the old site w/ the upgrade message. If I go to http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com I get the correct new site. very weird. I also noticed that I have issues with the redirect after making a post.
                            when it goes to redirect me back to the thread it designates the link incorrectly like this:
                            http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...d.php?p=450923#post450923

The "#post450923" should not be there. It may be my connection though. on all other counts though it is running MUCH better!

Comment

I have posted a few threads now that I cannot find. On the fishing site I asked about the Homer Derby. It never showed on that page, but later scrolling I saw that Homerdave had answered me. I clicked on the fishing forum link and it wasn't there. I went back to the index page and it is there, so I clicked on HDs answer and it came up.
                              Same with my prior posts here. It didn't show on the Forum Tips page, but clicking on "go to final post" link brought this page up, and a few seconds later it reloaded with my 2 prior posts.
                              I'm going outside now to stand on the boat and dream of big Kings.
                              Live life and love it
                              Love life and live it

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X