Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smilies not working?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Smilies not working?

    Am I not the only one that doesn't see a smily face when is posted?

    I figured something with my latest firefox update was causing it, but another member just mentioned it.

    Hmm...maybe I should ask the forum admin to look into it. Oh...uh....crap, that's me, isn't it? :rolleyes: (That didn't work either, did it?)

  • #2
    Not working for me either.....:mad:
    AKmud
    sigpic


    The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

    Comment


    • #3
      noticed it after the system was down for a bit a few days ago...
      ------------------------------------------------
      pull my finger....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tjm View Post
        noticed it after the system was down for a bit a few days ago...
        Roger that - I figured I had 'bigger fish to fry', tho...
        (so why am I posting this?) Jeepers!

        Doc <insert emoticon here>
        Cape CARES - San Marcos, Honduras - video

        Comment


        • #5
          <--
          Well at least I am not the only one blaming my computer.

          I have also been getting an odd page flash when I post something. It says something like "Thank you for posting. Would you like to return to previous page?" or something like that. Got to read fast since it's gone in a couple seconds. Also been very slow and not loading at all at times. It started about midnight last Sunday I think.

          So who broke it?

          Andy
          Andy
          On the web= C-lazy-F.co
          Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
          Call/Text 602-315-2406
          Phoenix Arizona

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ADfields View Post
            <--
            Well at least I am not the only one blaming my computer.

            I have also been getting an odd page flash when I post something. It says something like "Thank you for posting. Would you like to return to previous page?" or something like that. Got to read fast since it's gone in a couple seconds. Also been very slow and not loading at all at times. It started about midnight last Sunday I think.

            So who broke it?

            Andy
            After we had another Database Error, I had an html code come up with the above 'Thank you for posting. Would you like to return to previous page' and it was in the upper left hand side of my redirect.
            Ever since then I haven't been able to see the similies. That's been... probably 2-3 days or so.

            I agree with Risky in that I just assumed that there are bigger fish to fry as well... so *shrugs* I was just going to wait it out.

            It's really okay. :mad::cool::eek: Nope... none of those worked. I didn't even get the error message that says 'you can only have 4 images'.
            Lurker.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by COtoAK View Post
              After we had another Database Error, I had an html code come up with the above 'Thank you for posting. Would you like to return to previous page' and it was in the upper left hand side of my redirect.
              Ever since then I haven't been able to see the similies. That's been... probably 2-3 days or so.

              I agree with Risky in that I just assumed that there are bigger fish to fry as well... so *shrugs* I was just going to wait it out.

              It's really okay. :mad::cool::eek: Nope... none of those worked. I didn't even get the error message that says 'you can only have 4 images'.
              Last night they were even gone from the right side of the reply box where you click on them to insert in your post. Then today about 2pm the forum was completely down for a while and when it came back up they were back over there. I donít know if they are working on the database or if its just unstable for some reason. Something is going on with it but Iím sure they will get it hammered out before too long.

              Andy
              Andy
              On the web= C-lazy-F.co
              Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
              Call/Text 602-315-2406
              Phoenix Arizona

              Comment


              • #8
                Is it just the smilies or is it images 2?

                Comment


                • #9
                  huh looks like just smilies

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Site maintenance

                    Hi folks,

                    We've had our IT folks working on a bunch of updates, cleanouts and maintenance over the last three days.

                    They're mostly done now, so we should not be seeing the database errors and slow page load times. Performance should be really good now.

                    I'll pass this info on to them and see if we can get it fixed.

                    Thanks for your patience, everyone!

                    -Mike
                    Michael Strahan
                    Site Owner
                    Alaska Hunt Consultant
                    1 (907) 229-4501

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LuJon View Post
                      huh looks like just smilies

                      No pics either, Lu!

                      I was going to pop a pic of Jeff Spicoli and Mr. Hand in the Phelps "pot" thread (shame on me) and I couldn't.

                      Probably a good thing!
                      Proud to be an American!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Brian M View Post
                        Am I not the only one that doesn't see a smily face when is posted?

                        I figured something with my latest firefox update was causing it, but another member just mentioned it.

                        Hmm...maybe I should ask the forum admin to look into it. Oh...uh....crap, that's me, isn't it? :rolleyes: (That didn't work either, did it?)
                        Ok... Hopefully you will now see a smilee face...

                        The code fix was pretty easy, and is the result of a very minor incompatability between OS modules and the vbulletin software. A quick code hack sorted it all out.

                        Alas, smilees posted whilst the trouble was in effect WILL NOT be visible as images (as it was a problem occuring with a processing script). You can always edit your post and re-submit it, though, to have the smilees show through.

                        PS. You guys have a pretty meagre selection of smilees. Ever thought of adding some more?
                        Tech Admin

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have never seen the smilee face selection ... do I have something turned off?

                          I get them on another board that is exactly like this one.
                          johnnie laird

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Johnnie:

                            I believe you need to request the administrator to enable the function for you.

                            kingfisherktn
                            Vegetables arenít food, vegetables are what food eats.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Careful What You Suggest!

                              Originally posted by Man1c M0g View Post
                              Ok.....................
                              Originally posted by Man1c M0g View Post
                              You can always edit your post and re-submit it, though, to have the smilees show through.

                              PS. You guys have a pretty meagre selection of smilees. Ever thought of adding some more?
                              Man1c M0g-

                              (Can I ask the derivation of that name??)

                              It is my understanding on this Forum there is only a 15-20 minute window to edit; after which it requires administator involvement!

                              CAREFUL WHAT YOU SUGGEST!
                              That could translate into a lot of menial labor on the Admin's part for some compulsive smilee hungry posters!

                              More emoticons would be AWESOME!

                              I say 'bring 'em on!'

                              ... and THANKS to the Admins and IT's for the maintenance and upgrades!

                              Doc *

                              *Emoticon graciously provided by DRIFTER 016!
                              Dang - I reached my limit 4 emoticons...
                              Cape CARES - San Marcos, Honduras - video

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X