Proposed new forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed new forums

There have been a number of suggestions for new Alaska outdoors forums. It is relatively easy to add new forums, and we are willing to do so, but we also want to insure adequate moderation of these forums.

Here are the ones that have been requested:
    1. Bush flying ACTIVATED
    2. Scuba diving
    3. Camping
    If you have other ideas, please post them here. We can't guarantee that any of these will wind up as forums, but we will seriously consider them.

I won't answer every post that is made here, but I do read these from time to time. Some of these have real potential. Thanks, guys.......David
    Last edited by Webmaster; 08-19-2006, 14:29. Reason: Additional information

Wildlife Viewing

Comment

Scuba!

Dave,

SCUBA might be worth a try... I think I could get some folks here for that one. If not, you could always dump it later...

-Mike
      Michael Strahan
      Site Owner
      Alaska Hunt Consultant
      1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

How about trying.

I like the new forums very much, I thank you for all your work.

One thing I am finding is I am missing posts under "New Post" and have to go to all the forums to find what I have missed. This may be something I am doing wrong.

I would prefer fewer sub-forums, it's easier to keep track.

What about adding the new sub-forums. In 2-3 months if there are very few posts they can be removed, starting with Dog mushing. Nobodys feelings are hurt and everybody is happy.

Comment

Here's another-

David,

How about one on "Constipated Political Views"? I wouldn't post in it, but it would give folks a place to send me!

-Mike
          Michael Strahan
          Site Owner
          Alaska Hunt Consultant
          1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

gold panning

This one might not work here, but it is an outdoors activity. The price of gold is high but falling.

ACTIVATED PROSPECTING 19 AUG 06
            Last edited by Webmaster; 08-19-2006, 14:30.

Comment

Mining and Panning!

Originally posted by nielsenwa
              This one might not work here, but it is an outdoors activity. The price of gold is high but falling.
              Great idea! I know there is a lot of interest in this area. I wonder though if it fits within the scope of this site. I think it might draw more interest if it was broader though. Perhaps "Mining and Panning"? That way you get the dredge guys, plus folks interested in other minerals too. Great idea.

-Mike
              Michael Strahan
              Site Owner
              Alaska Hunt Consultant
              1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Strahan
                David,

How about one on "Constipated Political Views"? I wouldn't post in it, but it would give folks a place to send me!

-Mike
                Now that's funny stuff right there. :rolleyes:

Or maybe a "Banter" forum to send those who disagree with your views.

Comment

Taxidermy

David,

What about Taxidermy ? I have been doing taxidermy for over 13 years and It seems there are a few other taxidermist on this forum that might share their wealth of wisdom, Not only would it be a good place to ask questions from a first time hunter or veteran that wants their first kill mounted. But it would be helpful to the taxidermist in the long run, After all a great mount starts or ends in the field by the person who harvested it and that only makes for a better mount once it gets to the taxidermist.

Roger
                  PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Comment

Boating Electronics

Just wondering if there might be any interest in a separate forum specifically for electronics and related issues within the boating forum. "thehulltruth.com" has such a forum and I have found it both useful and interesting, and tremendously well attended. The knowledge gleaned I have found there to be invaluable. Unfortunately, it pretty much covers the whole country and does not have much related to Alaska. What do you think?

Comment

NEW forum proposal..

How about a prospecting section? Prospecting is a nice hobby to spend in the outdoors and it is family orientated and can be fun and you just never know what you might find. Just my thought.

ACTIVATED 19 AUG 06
                      Last edited by Webmaster; 08-19-2006, 14:30.

Comment

Trapping

Has anyone mentioned it yet? ACTIVATED 19 AUG 06
                        Last edited by Webmaster; 08-19-2006, 14:31.
                        AKmud
                        sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

On most other forums that I frequent, most subjects fit under the general discussion forum, and although this has its good and bad points, it does promote use of the search feature. I've seen forums with too many categories and some with too few. It's nice to have this new software and the seemingly endless flexability to add/modify however there has to be a balance. Alaska is a big place with so much to offer it stands to reason that an Alaska forum would need to be very diverse too, but it is a balancing act trying to be all things to all people. The point of these thoughts is just to take it slow and don't try to do everything at once as GOOD improvements in my opinion are meant to be more of an evolutionary process than a revolutionary one.

I'd like to add that to date this site is very user friendly, organized and well laid out. This is probably to do with the excellent management on duty.

Keep up the good work.

Tony

Comment

Wildlife Photography

A Very Popular Facet Of Photography. The Bird Watchers Flock To Alaska In Summer Just For This. And Everyone Who Hunts And Fishes Takes Pictures Of Wildlife Or Atleast Enjoys Viewing Them. There Is Alot Of Interest In This And Several Webpages/forums Dedicated To Wildlife Photography. Why Not Have One Here. People Could Post Pics Of Animals And Fish. It Would Be Great!
                            Dan Hall
                            Nome
                            The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Fly Tying

Fly Tying Would Be A Hit. I Have Been Reading On The Fly Fishing Forum Quite A Bit. I Know There Are Alot Of People Up Here Tying Their Own. This Would Be A Great Place To Swap Recipes And Share Ideas. Especially In The Winter When Fly Fisherman Are , Well, Tying Flies. Great Potential Here In My Opinion. "the Fly Tyers Bench" Has A Nice Ring To It!
                              The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X