Recent Posts Listing Changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Posts Listing Changed

There was a change in the last few weeks or so that changed the way posts are shown in the "recent" window on the side of the page. Now, it is including a listing for the original post of every thread as well as the most recent response to it. At least for me, this is annoying since it is taking up half the listing of "recent" with old posts we have already seen. We can see the OP when we go to the thread with the recent post if we need to refresh ourselves with the subject matter. I don't feel it is necessary to have it be brought back up as if it is a "recent post" every time someone responds to it. It just seems like clutter that takes away from seeing what is actually new on the site. I end up not seeing other actual recent activity because it has been pushed off the page. I don't know if this is a setting on the main website display or if it is something that we, as users, could modify within our own accounts?

I agree with you on the Recent window. Much easier the way it was before. Only the newest posts were listed. Now one may still want to look through the entire forum to see what you might be missing. Just list the most recent posts. Seems easy enough.

Comment

I will check with our technical support.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

In fixing some issues after an upgrade, it appears these settings also were affected. Please weigh-in as we adjust settings to restore the previous display--

Comment

Look better? Worse? Appreciate your input so we can adjust to your preferences.

Comment

I just tried viewing posts in several different ways, and it appears to back to normal. Or better.

Patriot Life Member NRA
            Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
            Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
              I just tried viewing posts in several different ways, and it appears to back to normal. Or better.
              Right now, the "Recent" section on the right side of the screen is only showing the OP and not the new reply. For this thread, for example, I see my original post listed from 4 days ago. I only saw your response because I was curious and clicked on my own post.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                Look better? Worse? Appreciate your input so we can adjust to your preferences.
                It is now only showing the original post, not the reply to the post. When I look at this thread, it shows my own post from 4 days ago, not the reply from you or Daveinthebush.

Comment

What should happen (on most forums) is the Recent Topics should show in the sidebar--starting with OP; and the most recent posts (responses) should show under Latest Activity.
                  There is inconsistency between "free" and supporting members.
                  Do you want the "Recent" sidebar to reflect the same responses as "Latest Activity?"

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                    What should happen (on most forums) is the Recent Topics should show in the sidebar--starting with OP; and the most recent posts (responses) should show under Latest Activity.
                    There is inconsistency between "free" and supporting members.
                    Do you want the "Recent" sidebar to reflect the same responses as "Latest Activity?"
                    That isn't how it used to be until just a few weeks ago. It used to just show the most recent posts. The OP was not shown there at all. Now, in the last couple of days, the "Recent" sidebar section isn't working at all. It's showing the same list of posts that is has for the last couple days despite a lot of other posts that have been made since.

Comment

• admin
                      admin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ok, I'll apply the next option so we can check that. The settings are cryptic... to say the least. (This began with the last upgrade, but these settings should not have changed.)

I see what's happening---sending it in for programming support now.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X