Done with the forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done with the forum.

After many years of being a member here I've decided to leave. This new upgrade was the last straw for me. Everyone hunt hard and have a great time at it.

Been awhile since Iv been on site but I would have to agree with you Casper50

Comment

I also think the new "upgrade" SUCKS. It seems to be cumbersome to navigate. Kind of reminds me of "upgrading" to Windows 10 (which also SUCKS, IMO). I'm not sure if learning to utilize the new system is going to be in my future. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper50 View Post
        After many years of being a member here I've decided to leave. This new upgrade was the last straw for me. Everyone hunt hard and have a great time at it.
        Sorry to see you go. If you read Mike's post on the subject, this upgrade wasn't optional. The old version of the software was no longer supported and it had to be replaced. There wasn't a choice on whether to update the forum software or not, so we're just trying to do the best we can. There's also a thread for feedback, as some of the features can be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian M View Post

Sorry to see you go. If you read Mike's post on the subject, this upgrade wasn't optional. The old version of the software was no longer supported and it had to be replaced. There wasn't a choice on whether to update the forum software or not, so we're just trying to do the best we can. There's also a thread for feedback, as some of the features can be changed.
          Maybe a link to Mike's post would be helpful. I can't find it. Lots of recent responses to AOU, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post

Maybe a link to Mike's post would be helpful. I can't find it. Lots of recent responses to AOU, though.
            Here's a link for you. We have always posted comments on the forum experience itself in our "Forum Tips" area, so we can find them. If they're scattered all over the forums, we cannot locate or address them all. Anyway here is the link to the discussion in Forum Tips: CLICK HERE

Michael Strahan
            Site Owner
            Alaska Hunt Consultant
            1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Originally posted by Casper50 View Post
              We hate to see you go. Would you mind posting your concerns in the discussion in Forum Tips, so we can address those? The upgrade is a challenge for all of us, but it was forced upon us because the old platform was no longer supported. No choice, so we are making it work. It will also allow us to do things we haven't been able to do before. Anyway, CLICK HERE for the direct link to the discussion. Thanks!

Michael Strahan
              Site Owner
              Alaska Hunt Consultant
              1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

I think that most of us 'old farts' find change hard to understand/learn. However after some trials and 're-learning' we can and will over come. It will be frustrating but we will over come!

Comment

Well the new format is a little different to navigate.
                  But I was happy to discover Tapatalk is back and it certainly makes all forums easier to navigate IMHO.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

I certainly see the need to upgrade software. I have an older printer that works great. But my newer laptop won't support the software for it. So I also have an older laptop that will print to the printer. I hate to upgrade to a new printer but eventually I may have to just to be ale to print. The first day on the new software here was a little intimidating but the more you use it it isn't so bad.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

First login, first post, site seems great.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X