Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapatalk

Hi folks,

A number of you were using Tapatalk on the old forums. We have not enabled it during the upgrade, and I need to know if this is working for you. Please weigh in on this, so we know whether there is a compelling reason to enable that plugin again. I prefer that we use the forums as they are designed, but I want to be sensitive to the needs of the community as well.

Fire away!

-Mike

I don't know what Tapatalk is.
    47.06%
    I used Tapatalk on the old forums, but I can live without it on the new forums.
    29.41%
    I absolutely must use Tapatalk or I'm gone. (please let us know why)
    23.53%
    Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (907) 229-4501

Is there another option to view forums on the phone? Also, tapatalk was much easier for uploading pics

Comment

Yes I use tapatalk almost exclusively. I don't even have a working computer at my house only computer for me is at work I do everything via phone. Probably a lot more like me trying to figure out why they can't see the forum anymore on their phone.

Comment

Tap Talk was great to use in the field. I was able to upload and communicate with forum members real time. It has helped me get to the right location on many times. I hope you link them together again. I rarely have time to sit in front of a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by a2thak View Post
          Is there another option to view forums on the phone? Also, tapatalk was much easier for uploading pics
          The new forums are responsive, which means the content reformats itself to fit your phone. Try a post with your phone and let me know what you see.

Michael Strahan
          Site Owner
          Alaska Hunt Consultant
          1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

I definitely always used and liked Tapatalk. I'll try it through the browser on my phone and see.
            The more you talk, the more I wish I was deaf.

Comment

There is certainly a way to get Tapatalk to work on the new site. I am trying to weigh out the pros/cons and assess the need for it. Your thoughts are most appreciated!

Michael Strahan
              Site Owner
              Alaska Hunt Consultant
              1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post
                There is certainly a way to get Tapatalk to work on the new site. I am trying to weigh out the pros/cons and assess the need for it. Your thoughts are most appreciated!

I've been messing around just on my browser with it and it's fine, nice really. I think for me it just comes down to the fact that I'm a member of multiple different forums and always access them through Tapatalk. It's a nice platform and having icons/links for each of the forums just makes it easy to navigate between them. Not a big deal in reality but I would definitely go back to using it for this forum as well given the option.
                The more you talk, the more I wish I was deaf.

Comment

Tap Talk was my preferred way to access the forums for a long time and it made some things easier like mentioned above. It would be great if it came back. I honestly have not tried the new forums on my phone or tablet as of yet but I will. I would guess you can monitor traffic on the site and if you don't see the traffic come back after the upgrade you can associate some of that drop from the lack of tap talk.
                  2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I use Tapatalk exclusively. It’s much easier to use in my phone than a webpage. I can open the app and get right to where I want to go and not have to login, search for the thread, and wait for it to load. The website does not have push notifications. Tapatalk does. It is an app that has all my forums in one place. With the push to get younger people outdoors and new blood into the forums, supporting an app that they wild use makes sense. How many of them use the web version of Facebook? They use the ‘app for that’.

your poll questions are very skewed and leading. You should also have a selection that says ‘I used Tapatalk on the old forums and want like it on the new forums’. In website design, all websites should be formatted for mobile use and desktop use. Even though I have a desktop, I don’t use it for most of the things I do online.

Comment

Yes, I prefer using tapatalk on my phone. Was trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

Comment

Yes I'm definitely a Tapatalk fan.
                        And like 0321Tony I don't have a computer at my house right now either.
                        Tapatalk is great for loading pictures and I use it a lot for that.
                        Especially since Photobucket went the way it did.
                        I'm actually a paying member of this site so any loss of ad revenue from Tapatalk isn't really an issue with me.
                        I do have an older tablet I could try but using Tapatalk on my phone just worked great for me.
                        I feel at least right now I'll visit and post here less without Tapatalk.
                        But I'll play around some more with the site as it is be and see how I feel.
                        "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

I, too, used tapatalk a lot on the forum. Always used to post pics since this forum’s site went sideways posting pics. Never used it just to read posts or make a post myself w/o pic adding.
                          Posting pics was cake w tapatalk.
                          Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
                          WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Okay I hear you folks! We are in the process of enabling Tapatalk on the upgraded forums. I appreciate your patience as we jump through all these hoops! Our main forum admin is also involved in the medical profession, and he's tangled up with COVID-19 stuff in England. He said he would get on this right away. I appreciate everyone who contributed to this discussion!

Michael Strahan
                            Site Owner
                            Alaska Hunt Consultant
                            1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Tapatalk is now re-activated on the forums! Enjoy!

-Mike

Michael Strahan
                              Site Owner
                              Alaska Hunt Consultant
                              1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X