No announcement yet.

Input on the 4/11/20 Forums Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael - I've tried sending messages to both you and Brian as well as commenting on other posts, but no response of any kind so far. Figured I would try here as well.

A problem I have been seeing on the forums since the change is that not all of the threads show up on the "Latest Activity" tab. If you click on "Forums" at the top and then click on the tab for "Latest Activity", you should be seeing all of the most recent posts on the forum. For some reason, some of the more popular threads don't show up on this making it hard to know if there has been any new activity. Right now, the two threads that have had very recent activity that don't show up on my listing are Unit 13 thread (https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com...read-2020-2021) and the PWS Kings thread (https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com...4626-pws-kings). Not seeing if there is new activity is going to reduce the use of the forums. I've had to subscribe to the unit 13 thread so that I know if there has been anything new without having to dig through each specific forum. Even that way though, I still need multiple extra "clicks" to get to the new content.

Is there a reason some threads do not get included in the "Latest Activity" listing?

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post
      Michael - I've tried sending messages to both you and Brian as well as commenting on other posts, but no response of any kind so far. Figured I would try here as well.

A problem I have been seeing on the forums since the change is that not all of the threads show up on the "Latest Activity" tab. If you click on "Forums" at the top and then click on the tab for "Latest Activity", you should be seeing all of the most recent posts on the forum. For some reason, some of the more popular threads don't show up on this making it hard to know if there has been any new activity. Right now, the two threads that have had very recent activity that don't show up on my listing are Unit 13 thread (https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com...read-2020-2021) and the PWS Kings thread (https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com...4626-pws-kings). Not seeing if there is new activity is going to reduce the use of the forums. I've had to subscribe to the unit 13 thread so that I know if there has been anything new without having to dig through each specific forum. Even that way though, I still need multiple extra "clicks" to get to the new content.

Is there a reason some threads do not get included in the "Latest Activity" listing?
      I use a MAC with Firefox and can corroborate that I see the same symptoms, i.e. if I go right now to the saltwater fishing forum and select the 'latest activity' tab, several threads with activity today are not displayed. I do use the 'latest activity' tab within an individual thread to bring the most recent postings to the top, as that's my preferred viewing configuration, and it does work as advertized in that capacity...but if that's the only intended purpose of that tab function then it shouldn't even appear at the top of a forum page. The thought occurred to me that perhaps the missing threads were not being displayed because I had already viewed them since the last posting, but that's not the case either, as some recent threads I've already viewed show up, and some don't. It appears random.
      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
        I use a MAC with Firefox and can corroborate that I see the same symptoms, i.e. if I go right now to the saltwater fishing forum and select the 'latest activity' tab, several threads with activity today are not displayed. I do use the 'latest activity' tab within an individual thread to bring the most recent postings to the top, as that's my preferred viewing configuration, and it does work as advertized in that capacity...but if that's the only intended purpose of that tab function then it shouldn't even appear at the top of a forum page. The thought occurred to me that perhaps the missing threads were not being displayed because I had already viewed them since the last posting, but that's not the case either, as some recent threads I've already viewed show up, and some don't. It appears random.
        Apparently they don't care about this issue. Either that, or they have me muted somehow and/or are just totally ignoring anything I have said. Multiple messages to both Brian and Michael have been 100% ignored (not even an acknowledgment that they received the message).

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post

Apparently they don't care about this issue. Either that, or they have me muted somehow and/or are just totally ignoring anything I have said. Multiple messages to both Brian and Michael have been 100% ignored (not even an acknowledgment that they received the message).
          I dunno. Thankfully, there's a lot more to life than the internet.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X