No announcement yet.

Input on the 4/11/20 Forums Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm seeing the person's post count below the person's join date or am I missing something?
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Anybody know how to give rep points with this new upgrade? I was trying to give some the other day to a helpful contributor and I couldn't figure out how.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
        Anybody know how to give rep points with this new upgrade? I was trying to give some the other day to a helpful contributor and I couldn't figure out how.
        Hi! The system is that you now click on the 'like' button toward the bottom right of the post. Its a bit old skool, but it works I suppose!
        Tech Admin

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
          If you bring up the Alaska hunting page, isn't the "Trending" section on the right all the new posts?
          I've changed the behaviour of the 'latest' box because it was behaving strangely. Now it displays latest posts from the channel you are in and all subsequent children. So, on the forum home page it displays everything, on the hunting forum it displays latest hunting posts, etc. Hope this is a little better?
          Tech Admin

Comment

As someone already mentioned, it would be nice to have some background color photos somewhere.....all this white and blue everywhere you go is a bit much. I really used to enjoy all the scenery pics and such everywhere you went on the old format.
            Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
              As someone already mentioned, it would be nice to have some background color photos somewhere.....all this white and blue everywhere you go is a bit much. I really used to enjoy all the scenery pics and such everywhere you went on the old format.
              We've been working on this, and the result is the header photo you see today. Is that what you were looking for?

Michael Strahan
              Site Owner
              Alaska Hunt Consultant
              1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post

We've been working on this, and the result is the header photo you see today. Is that what you were looking for?

That's better, but there still seems to be an awful lot of sterile white.
                Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Why do we "NEED" trending. What is wrong with "New Posts" or "Recent Posts". It just seems that hardly anyone is posting to any subject, and I think it is because they "Can't" fine a list of new posts, to quickly scan through.

I just don't understand the "New" priority......which seems to be that the forum is now geared towards people coming here and researching a "Subject" that they desire information about. I just want to come and see a "Current" list of threads with new "Posts" in order "most current at the top". I don't need all the useless information on the "Trending".....with it's big box of un-needed information.

It feels like your trying to reinvent the "Wheel" with new and improved, super flash. When the old "New Posts" was perfect. Keep the trending thing, if it rings some peoples bell, I find it just annoying.
                  "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                    Why do we "NEED" trending. What is wrong with "New Posts" or "Recent Posts". It just seems that hardly anyone is posting to any subject, and I think it is because they "Can't" fine a list of new posts, to quickly scan through.

I just don't understand the "New" priority......which seems to be that the forum is now geared towards people coming here and researching a "Subject" that they desire information about. I just want to come and see a "Current" list of threads with new "Posts" in order "most current at the top". I don't need all the useless information on the "Trending".....with it's big box of un-needed information.

It feels like your trying to reinvent the "Wheel" with new and improved, super flash. When the old "New Posts" was perfect. Keep the trending thing, if it rings some peoples bell, I find it just annoying.
                    These are all features of the new upgrade. We didn't create them, we're just trying to figure out what the community wants. I'll take a look at the Trending module. Thanks!

Michael Strahan
                    Site Owner
                    Alaska Hunt Consultant
                    1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

I do not like after you read a post and click off of it, then the post you were just reading is gone. If you want to go back to it it is no where to be found. Frustrating.
                      Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Comment

These are all features of the new upgrade. We didn't create them, we're just trying to figure out what the community wants. I'll take a look at the Trending module. Thanks!

Any idea on when we get a "NEW POSTS" button........????
                        "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post

Any idea on when we get a "NEW POSTS" button........????
                          I'll check on that one.

Michael Strahan
                          Site Owner
                          Alaska Hunt Consultant
                          1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

I might have missed the link somewhere but all the photo albums I had under my profile can't be located. Any help or idea as to where or why?

Comment

Originally posted by GAredneck View Post
                              I might have missed the link somewhere but all the photo albums I had under my profile can't be located. Any help or idea as to where or why?
                              Click on your user profile and then the Media tab. They're all there! https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com...aredneck/media

Michael Strahan
                              Site Owner
                              Alaska Hunt Consultant
                              1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Click on your user profile and then the Media tab. They're all there! https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com...aredneck/media

Thanks Mike, still getting use to the new layout. Much better from what I see so far.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X