Input on the 4/11/20 Forums Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Did you get the PM i sent you about how to do that?
    YES...........and I am NOT going to log-in then go through four steps just to get to "New Posts". However I truly appreciate your help......Thank You. Just more work then the result is worth.
    "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Did you get the PM i sent you about how to do that?
      Would you mind posting that here? We need to get that fixed! Thanks!

Michael Strahan
      Site Owner
      Alaska Hunt Consultant
      1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post

Would you mind posting that here? We need to get that fixed! Thanks!

iofthetaiga
        New activity search

Go to 'Search'. Click on 'Advanced Search'. Check the 'Last Visit' box. Click the 'Search Now' button.
        "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post

iofthetaiga
          New activity search

Go to 'Search'. Click on 'Advanced Search'. Check the 'Last Visit' box. Click the 'Search Now' button.
          Wow. That is pretty clunky. We'll take a look and see if there's a better way. This was a standard feature on the previous version.

Michael Strahan
          Site Owner
          Alaska Hunt Consultant
          1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post
            Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
            YES...........and I am NOT going to log-in then go through four steps just to get to "New Posts".
            Wow. That is pretty clunky. We'll take a look and see if there's a better way. This was a standard feature on the previous version.

Bookmark the search page and you're down to 2 clicks.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
            I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
            The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Experiencing much the same thing. Currently the most recent post on the Hunting Forum was posted 3 days ago. Refreshing the page doesn't change anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                Experiencing much the same thing. Currently the most recent post on the Hunting Forum was posted 3 days ago. Refreshing the page doesn't change anything.
                We were talking about something different, but I just looked and see what you're saying. I am logged in, and when I view the 'Latest Activity' tab I see that this: https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com...nt-for-musk-ox is the most recent posting in the Hunting forum. But when I go directly to the Hunting forum the most recent posting I can find is a week old, and the one I just referenced does not appear, no matter how I sort or query the threads. Something seems jacked up with the way things are being indexed...
                ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Comment

We were talking about something different, but I just looked and see what you're saying. I am logged in, and when I view the 'Latest Activity' tab I see that this: https://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com...nt-for-musk-ox is the most recent posting in the Hunting forum. But when I go directly to the Hunting forum the most recent posting I can find is a week old, and the one I just referenced does not appear, no matter how I sort or query the threads. Something seems jacked up with the way things are being indexed...
                  The Hunting Forum is what I open AOD with. The musk ox thread is the top post and it just seems strange that 3 days ago was the most recent post on that forum. That doesn't happen, in my recall. Evidently there must be quite a few of us experiencing problems with the "new & improved" version.

Comment

If you bring up the Alaska hunting page, isn't the "Trending" section on the right all the new posts?
                    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                      If you bring up the Alaska hunting page, isn't the "Trending" section on the right all the new posts?
                      Yeah, it does. I think its just my expecting there to be more content showing up. Like the good old days (a couple of weeks ago). I basically only look at 3 of the forums on a regular basis. I'm not expecting too much new content on the fishing forums yet, but for the hunting forum to not have any new posts (or responses) for 3 days is pretty unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                        Yes, but that has nothing to do with the fact that within the Hunting Forum, the most recent post that appears in my view is Strahan's "How Big is this Moose?" thread. Bushwack Jack's "Muskox" thread, which as far as I can tell is the most recent activity within the Hunting Forum, does not appear. Not anywhere. The only way I can bring it to view is by going to Bushwack Jack's profile page and accessing it from there. Hence my statement that something appears jacked up.

Comment

Mike is there anyway to change the problem of after you read a post and then go back to new posts the one you were just looking at is gone. Very flustered if you need to back to the one you were looking at. Thanks Dan
                          Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Comment

Yes, but that has nothing to do with the fact that within the Hunting Forum, the most recent post that appears in my view is Strahan's "How Big is this Moose?" thread. Bushwack Jack's "Muskox" thread, which as far as I can tell is the most recent activity within the Hunting Forum, does not appear. Not anywhere. The only way I can bring it to view is by going to Bushwack Jack's profile page and accessing it from there. Hence my statement that something appears jacked up.
                            Looks to me like there are about 10 "stickey's" and then the latest posts, which I show as the Muskox one and it being 4 days ago. You just have to scroll past "stickey's" that are in some cases 7 years old.

I'm guessing the reason the muskox thread is the newest (at 4 days old) is because the new and improved is more of the former and less of the latter...
                            I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post

Looks to me like there are about 10 "stickey's" and then the latest posts, which I show as the Muskox one and it being 4 days ago. You just have to scroll past "stickey's" that are in some cases 7 years old.

I'm guessing the reason the muskox thread is the newest (at 4 days old) is because the new and improved is more of the former and less of the latter...
                              Well, crap. I see it now, but i'd swear it wasn't appearing before. And I looked for it several times on a couple different days. <sigh> Too much visual obfuscation.

Comment

Any reason that a person's post count isn't by their name?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X