Input on the 4/11/20 Forums Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post

Try THIS LINK and see if it makes a difference! Let me know! Also you might refresh your browser; we changed the color scheme this afternoon to a darker blue that's easier on the eyes.

-Mike

I'll try the link Mike. I did catch the color change but it still leaves too much cyan in there for my eyes))
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

Comment

Fixed the problem for now. I had to disallow my browser giving websites permission to set the font size.......................
      2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
      Twin 175 Suzuki's
      "Thunderbird"
      MMSI #338033856

Comment

My username and password arenít allowing me to log in from a desktop machine. I was still logged in on Tapatalk, but my same username and password arenít working on the desktop version. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Mike, I like the forum upgrades and want to thank you hosting a great site and it looks really sharp. Changes will cause challenges and I learned to keep my profile up to date and since I did not I had to start a new membership. Not really a big deal but I lost my history and the private message privilege. I originally joined in Oct 2015 by calling icebear and she set up my membership with "kneedeep" as my user name and a 4 character password. About two years ago my wife change our email address from the one I originally used to sign up and I made the mistake of not updating to my new email address. When the forum software upgrade launched my password did not meet the 6 character minimum and I was unable to login. Since I did not update my email address I was unable to change my password which left me stuck. No complaints, my fault. My message is that it is important to update profiles, especially emails. I'm starting over with my first post to show activity to regain some lost privileges.

Comment

Is a user selectable dark mode available in your tools? I'd much prefer a darker background with light letters than the current theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisana View Post
              My username and password arenít allowing me to log in from a desktop machine. I was still logged in on Tapatalk, but my same username and password arenít working on the desktop version. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yeah that happend for me I had to use the "i forgot my password" function

Comment

The color scheme change is very nice change. Thanks much Mike, it's much easier on the eyes! :topjob:
                Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

The one thing that I see that makes it a bit of a pain is when viewing the "Latest Activity" view. It seems to show the threads in order of the most recent activity, but there is nothing displayed about the thread to show when or what the recent activity was. All it shows is who started the thread and when the thread was started. The old system would show when the most recent post was and who posted it, making it a lot easier to know if it was something you had already looked at or not or if it was something interesting to view. Right now, I have no idea if there has been 1 reply to a post or 100 replies or when they happened.

I may just be missing a setting somewhere, so if anyone has any input on that, please let me know.

Comment

I could only post to the forum today after trying for 3 days to get the reply to open. I hope this continues to work. Gerberman

Comment

Originally posted by anchskier View Post
                      The one thing that I see that makes it a bit of a pain is when viewing the "Latest Activity" view. It seems to show the threads in order of the most recent activity, but there is nothing displayed about the thread to show when or what the recent activity was. All it shows is who started the thread and when the thread was started. The old system would show when the most recent post was and who posted it, making it a lot easier to know if it was something you had already looked at or not or if it was something interesting to view. Right now, I have no idea if there has been 1 reply to a post or 100 replies or when they happened.

I may just be missing a setting somewhere, so if anyone has any input on that, please let me know.
                      Of course, now that I posted that, it has changed. Now when I am in the "Latest Activity" view, I am seeing who replied most recently and when they replied along with a snapshot of the first part of their reply, very similar to the old system. Not sure if something was changed on the admin side of the site, but thanks. Much easier to use this way, at least for me.

Comment

Of course, now that I posted that, it has changed. Now when I am in the "Latest Activity" view, I am seeing who replied most recently and when they replied along with a snapshot of the first part of their reply, very similar to the old system. Not sure if something was changed on the admin side of the site, but thanks. Much easier to use this way, at least for me.
                        LOL! Yup, I just updated that. The new activity view was very weird and I didn't like it either. I'm continuing to work on it so excuse any strangeness in the next hour, but I think it looks better now.
                        Tech Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Man1c M0g View Post

LOL! Yup, I just updated that. The new activity view was very weird and I didn't like it either. I'm continuing to work on it so excuse any strangeness in the next hour, but I think it looks better now.
                          Ah, thanks. Now, if only I could get it to navigate back to the "latest activity" view when I use the "back" button after viewing a thread. It goes all the way back to the main forum view for some reason instead of the previous page. Oh well, I can live with a few little quirks.

Comment

Ah, thanks. Now, if only I could get it to navigate back to the "latest activity" view when I use the "back" button after viewing a thread. It goes all the way back to the main forum view for some reason instead of the previous page. Oh well, I can live with a few little quirks.
                            Right click and 'open with new tab' is my current go-around. Then just closing the new tab.

Comment

So.......do I understand that we will never have "New Posts" ever again........???
                              "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                                So.......do I understand that we will never have "New Posts" ever again........???
                                Did you get the PM i sent you about how to do that?
                                ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                                The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X