This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test..
    I think about hunting when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day. And I think about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm doing it. ~credit to Carl Yastrzemski~

Comment

• Photo test

Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	2494388Click image for larger version

Name:	028.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	2494389

Comment

• greetings, i'm new to this forum and looking to post pics and create a gallery to share. Please respond with any helpful information.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKINGNALDO View Post
          greetings, i'm new to this forum and looking to post pics and create a gallery to share. Please respond with any helpful information.
          Do you have specific questions, or are you looking for a general tutorial? Honestly, the best way to learn the process is by playing around with it. If you want to post a gallery, you can do that under your settings. I can give more specific guidance if you'd like. As for individual pictures that you'd post in a thread, you can either use a third-party hosting service like photobucket (my preference), or you can attach two pictures per post by hitting "go advanced" and then attaching photos when responding to a thread/creating a post.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	da bear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	2495868Click image for larger version

Name:	burbur.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	2495869here are a few pics I was able to upload to this thread. how do I make them my profile pic?
            thanks for the help,
            Akingaldo

Comment

• Brian, just to let you know..... I just tried to post another pic to a thread. I took the pic with the camera phone held upright. When it was downloaded to the pc it shows up correctly oriented. I then downloaded it to the thread and when finished downloading shows up 90 degrees off. So I went back and edited the pic by rotating it 90 degrees, downloaded it to the thread again but it did not change the pic at all. I've noticed a number of pictures people have posted that show up sideways or upside down, so I'm pretty sure there is a glitch in the forums software. Not that I expect it to be changed, just that it gets frustrating. I guess gone are the days that a person can just easily cut and paste a pic to a website. Too much tech-no involved these days. I guess a guy has to be smarter than the computer, and that I ain't......lol
              Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

• Testing out a new photo hosting service:

Comment

• For those who have used photobucket to post photos here, they apparently changed their terms of service recently and now their previously free service costs $399/year to post photos hosted there on sites like this. Assuming that nobody intends to pay that fee, I'm in the process of exploring various options. I think my favorite one so far is http://vgy.me , which is a free service and has easily copied BB code that you can simply cut from there and post here to get full size images (similar to what photobucket used to have).

I'm going to play with it a bit more and then start a new photo posting tutorial in the next few days. I'll be going through and editing some of my old posts, as I enjoy going back and reading through the stories from time to time. Once people get new accounts set up, let me know if you'd like me to do any editing of old posts for you.

Comment

• Thanks for getting on top of this, Brian! We need a long-term solution that makes it easier for folks anyway. If anyone else out there has a suggestion, feel free to post it here!

-Mike
                    Michael Strahan
                    Site Owner
                    Alaska Hunt Consultant
                    1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

• Thanks Brian!
                      “Move that fat ass Henry!”
                      “Don’t swing your balls or you’ll swamp the boat!"

Comment

• Yes thanks Brian, I understand the need to make money and fees, however it appears PB has committed a major "faux pas" in the way they went about making this change, I for one will not be paying their extortion fee, it certainly is a shame to loose all the data that has been posted on various sites by 100 mil PB users will be lost. I was always suspicious of the "cloud", now I know why. I still have my hard drive and backup..

Any possible way AOD could enable users to go back and edit old posts...? dont know how many would do that....
                        “We have digressed from a Nation of Revolutionaries to a country of entitlements"

Comment

• So what are most of you guys now using to post photos? I rarely access the form via my phone, so I want to be able to take photos from my camera, download them onto the pc, and then to the forum. I used vgy.me that Brain suggested, and it worked fairly easily a few times. But now it seems that the forum software doesn't like it and wants to post pics sideways....even if I try to rotate the picture first. Who's using an easy site that works well with the forum? Thanks.
                          Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X