Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forums are getting an Upgrade! Your chance for input!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CapnMike View Post
    I had it set on the "old" forum that when I opened a thread, it opened with the most recent post at the top of the list. Very helpful when there are multiple pages. I see the button at the head of each thread that says "latest activity", but it's a pain to have to push it on each and every thread. Is there a way I can set this up to do what I had it doing before?? Please answer in small words. Thanks!
    Tagging on to this... I have the 'latest activity' mode selected in my user settings. And when I begin from a page of search results, find a post I'm interested in, and click on the 'go to post' link, it takes me to the thread, but usually to the first page of the thread (since I have the 'latest activity' mode selected i'm routed to page 2 of 2 in this example, rather than page 1 of 2, which is where I need to navigate to in order to see the most recent post, which is the one I was targeting) and does not take me to the actual post. (It's doing the opposite of what it should be (feels like buggy script)).

Also, I don't see the ability to "multi-quote" more than one post to maintain thought continuity, i.e. I wasn't able to quote CapnMike's post as well as Strahan's reply to same (the post where he says "I know a guy"). (Perhaps that functionality exists here somewhere and I'm just not seeing it?)
    Last edited by iofthetaiga; 04-14-2020, 21:29.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

That worked. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
        Also, I don't see the ability to "multi-quote" more than one post to maintain thought continuity, i.e. I wasn't able to quote CapnMike's post as well as Strahan's reply to same (the post where he says "I know a guy"). (Perhaps that functionality exists here somewhere and I'm just not seeing it?)
        It works in a slightly weird way now. If you click on a few of the 'quote' buttons beneath the post you'll then see that the 'post reply' button on the top left of the forum changes with a number to reflect the number of quotes you have selected. Push the button and the comment box should now add in all the comments from the posts you have chosen. I agree it could be more intuitive, but that's how VB5 seems to do it now!

Tech Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Man1c M0g View Post

It works in a slightly weird way now. If you click on a few of the 'quote' buttons beneath the post you'll then see that the 'post reply' button on the top left of the forum changes with a number to reflect the number of quotes you have selected. Push the button and the comment box should now add in all the comments from the posts you have chosen. I agree it could be more intuitive, but that's how VB5 seems to do it now!
          Got it, thanks! I still haven't figured out how to make the 'go to most recent post' function work properly tho...
          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X