Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forums are getting an Upgrade! Your chance for input!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums are getting an Upgrade! Your chance for input!

Hi folks,

The forums are getting an upgrade! We are excited to have an opportunity to offer enhanced services to our members. Our primary goal is to provide you the best experience possible.

We would appreciate your feedback. We will stay in touch throughout the upgrade, and ask for your input during the process.

FORUM CONTENT:

Are you happy with the current forums, or would you like to see some changes to the categories and forums? Be specific in your recommendations.

FORUM FEATURES:

1. What are the most important features we currently offer in our forums?
    2. What features would you like to see, that we dont currently offer?
    3. What features would you like to see go away?

Please post any other enhancements / improvements youd like to see here in this thread!

Thanks for taking time to participate in this!

-Mike

Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (907) 229-4501

I would vote to eliminate as many sub-forums as possible, especially those that have never been posted to, or have not been posted to in a long time, or have very-very little interest. The "Ask a State Trooper as question" is a prime for the exit.
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

I realize it's probably just the software, but it would be nice to not have to jump through hoops to post a picture, and then only to have it show up sideways or upsidedown.
      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
        I realize it's probably just the software, but it would be nice to not have to jump through hoops to post a picture, and then only to have it show up sideways or upsidedown.
        Agree with this.
        Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Lighten up on the moderation, allow members to discuss political issues that affect their rights as citizens, allow members to discuss products and services that do a lousy job... OK, back to 24 hour CF... thanks for asking tho....!
          He who know nothing, still knows nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Akgramps View Post
            Lighten up on the moderation, allow members to discuss political issues that affect their rights as citizens, allow members to discuss products and services that do a lousy job... OK, back to 24 hour CF... thanks for asking tho....!
            This..........!
            Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
            WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

I vote for eliminating some sub forums.
              If they don't get posted to at least once every couple months or so let them go.
              Some get posted to once every 6-8 months or less. Why keep such a little used forum around cluttering things up?
              Of course some forums are seasonal but even at that some just don't get enough posts to justify them.
              As for the political/ second amendment talk maybe have a sub forum just for that and that's where it stays. No bleed through to other forums or get penalized!
              I've seen that work on other forums.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
              "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

The requests for less moderation and allowing obnoxious political posts strikes me as analogous to smokers asking my local watering hole to allow smoking again.
                ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                  The requests for less moderation and allowing obnoxious political posts strikes me as analogous to smokers asking my local watering hole to allow smoking again.
                  I know how difficult it would be for you... but your participation wouldn't be required.....! jus sayin
                  He who know nothing, still knows nothing

Comment

As others have mentioned, add a political area where we can voice our opinions freely

Comment

Yes to the political area.

More than 15 minutes to edit a post, some people make mistakes with grammar or spelling.
                      I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                        LOL....my analogy is the nice park where you take your kids to play, have a family barbecue, maybe throw the frisbee for your dog....but there's that one old guy sitting on a bench ranting at the pigeons...and now he wants the park to let him invite all his crazy friends and have a convention...
                        " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Since we're doing analogies this one seems to fit better:
                          There are 500 members of a gun club(this forum).
                          The club has been in business 30+ years and is legally doing things correctly on property they own.
                          The members are happy shooting, discussing their gun rights, talking reloading and having an all around good time.
                          Then 2 members(cdubbin, iofthetaiga) who joined years after the club opened decide they're not happy with the things going on at the club so they insist the other 500 members conform to their standards.
                          You see were happy with a little 2nd Amendment gun talk.
                          But there's only 2 members that I've ever heard complain about it.
                          Why should the masses conform to the two liberal minded members?
                          Can't those two stay out of discussions they don't like instead of making the others conform to their standards? Or find another site to discuss their version of gun rights?

"The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Tell me more about the will of the masses...my leftist commie pinko pleasure center is lighting up...LMAO...
                            " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
                              Since we're doing analogies this one seems to fit better:
                              There are 500 members of a gun club(this forum).
                              The club has been in business 30+ years and is legally doing things correctly on property they own.
                              The members are happy shooting, discussing their gun rights, talking reloading and having an all around good time.
                              Then 2 members(cdubbin, iofthetaiga) who joined years after the club opened decide they're not happy with the things going on at the club so they insist the other 500 members conform to their standards.
                              You see were happy with a little 2nd Amendment gun talk.
                              But there's only 2 members that I've ever heard complain about it.
                              Why should the masses conform to the two liberal minded members?
                              Can't those two stay out of discussions they don't like instead of making the others conform to their standards? Or find another site to discuss their version of gun rights?

Just the fact that there are people requesting there be a forum on this site is enough to trigger some. There are forums on this site I've never clicked on and never will, but that some even dare want a forum that nobody is forced to click on is too much to handle. If I don't like what's on my TV I change the channel or turn it off, each forum is it's own channel. Having a forum that allows for political discussions that is separate from the other forums will allow that firewall between those with delicate sensibilities and the rest of us.
                              I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X