Denali Highway Lakers ? - Tangle Lakes ?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Attention Alaska Artisans and Product Manufacturers!

If you are an Alaska-based Artisan, Crafstman, Author, or Product Manufacturer, or any local business offering products available for sale, we welcome you to add a listing to the AOS Directory. Basic listings are free, and include a summary of your business, physical address, 1 photo and an email address.
Paid listings are being offered through a special promotion: $150/year includes a Featured Directory listing, a link to your website, phone number, email address and a forum welcome announcement linked to your directory listing. We look forward to presenting Alaska products to our audience! Please send an email message to customerservice@alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com if you would like to submit your listing or receive additional information.
Click arrow in top right corner for next announcement.
See more
See less
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Denali Highway Lakers ? - Tangle Lakes ?

Long time lurker... first time poster...

I am planning on exploring the highway near the Tangle Lakes area in a couple weeks.

Can/Will anyone offer some tips on Lakers in this area ? I have caught a lot in LL using various methods, but never fished for them off the Denali. I have heard they are around, but don't really know.

I will have a few different toys/tools to access different areas. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Deadman Lake & Big Lake both on the South side of the hwy.
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Caught a couple last year with little effort in Tangle Lake using a mini spoon. I was in my boat, just casting, letting it fall, and jigging it back up. No a lot of size, probably 16 and 18".

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
        Deadman Lake & Big Lake both on the South side of the hwy.
        Lots of big lake trout in these 2 lakes, but they are 20+ miles south of the highway!

Comment

Originally posted by CapnMike View Post
          Lots of big lake trout in these 2 lakes, but they are 20+ miles south of the highway!

And that is "ONLY" nine minutes by C-206 or sixteen minute flight in a PA-18-150.
          ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

more like 28 miles and 8 hours if you have a 6x6 or an argo... if the winds start up watch out for some big waves on those two lakes.

Comment

That is Jim Grimes "Country" back there.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X