What is everyone shooting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is everyone shooting?

Im looking to upgrade from my Panasonic FZ50 and was wondering what cameras you all are shooting. Its been a real good camera for most situations but only performs ok in low light. Ive been looking at the Nikons D3100,D90,D7000. Is anyone on here is using one of these? Thanks Gary

I shoot a "Cannon"

Comment

I too shoot Canon.

Comment

Sorry, shoot a Cannon two.

Comment

Wow no nikon fans so far. Im not dead set on a Nikon but I am more familiar with them.

Comment

OK, Canon, What........?? , are you guys shooting?

I was drawn to this thread by the OP's question, figuring to get a plan for replacing my little Canon Powershot 1200,

then see the brand loyalty thing going on,..... but No Specifics ??? (grin)

Really, I'm thinking of finding a nice Digital Body to get back to using all the lenses I have for my old SLR EOS system
            So am interested in actually what Canon's are being used out there?
            Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Comment

I want a small digital camera that has a view finder. The cameras that you look at the screen on the back I can't ever see what I'm doing when its bright and sunny. Any suggestions?
              sigpic

I'm taking a poll
              <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

I shoot Canon too. 20D, 40D and 50D. Plus a SX20IS that suffered some abuse in it's adolescence and is now acting out. But there is nothing wrong with Nikon DSLRs these days. The D7000 is pretty sweet and Costco has a good deal on them right now.

Fullbush: I feel your pain. There are still a few point & shoots available with optical viewfinders, but they are so lame. I did hear that Canon's G series cameras still use a good optical viewfinder, but they are certainly not cheap for what amounts to a glorified point & shoot. There are also the DSLRs that have good viewfinders but the cameras are hardly compact. In between there are a slew of electronic viewfinder cameras like the Canon SX30IS or Panasonic's FZ series. These have good viewfinders, but are really just an electronic screen inside that you look at through what looks like a traditional viewfinder hole. They come with really wide ranging zooms and are smaller than a DSLR, but not as small as a tiny pocket point & shoot.

Comment

Anybody shooting the Canon T2i? I am thinking about getting that camera as I break into the dslr world. I have a buddy who shoots a lot of video with it and loves it. Any thoughts/opinions?

Comment

I picked up a Nikon D7000 when they were first released, and have been very happy with it and just the 18-105 kit lens and a 35/f1.8. No back-focus issues with my copy, and a very capable system to build on! I'm trying to decide between a 70-300 or a 12-24 for my next lens...

I also carry a Canon S95 in my pocket for quick shots, and again cant say anything bad about it.

Comment

Bobk I would love to own a D7000. Its at the top of my budget and Im just wondering if its worth the extra $400-500 over a D90. Ive been reading lots of reviews and watching youtube reveiws. I think Im more confused now than when I started. Seems the D90 has a cult like following so lots of arguments for it even over cameras that cost twice as much.

Comment

The only thing that competes with guns and hunting is photography.
                        I have a Nikon D300 with Zeiss Distagon 35 f1.4. This is somewhat similar to D7000, 12 MP vs 16 MP I believe, and probably tons of newer features on the 7000
                        I hardly use the Nikon, and when I use both, I almost always choose photos from the Leica M8 with 28mm f/2 Summicron.
                        http://en.leica-camera.com/photography/m_system/m8/
                        It will sure shoot just about anyone's budget, just go for the M9!
                        Here's some of my photos:
                        http://dontphoto.zenfolio.com/p91443120

Comment

Canon 20D & 50D here. Both are capable of a lot more than I am. Absolutely no complaints with either.

Comment

Originally posted by H_I_L_L_B_I_L_L_Y View Post
                            Bobk I would love to own a D7000. Its at the top of my budget and Im just wondering if its worth the extra $400-500 over a D90. Ive been reading lots of reviews and watching youtube reveiws. I think Im more confused now than when I started. Seems the D90 has a cult like following so lots of arguments for it even over cameras that cost twice as much.
                            I agree, there are tons of people with D90's who are in the same boat you are. From what Ive read it sounds like if DSLR video is important to you, or low-light/high-ISO (3200+), then the move may be worth it. Otherwise, the D90 is still in the same ballpark as the D7000.

Comment

I have a canon 50d and my wife has a 5d2 that i try to borrow daily. I like them both. Having said that, we continued on purchasing canons through film, point and shoots and dslr's. I will be a long time dead before I have a feeling that either camera body is limiting what I can/want to do. I have not had the opportunity to use a Nikon. I am sure they are very nice. Good luck with you selection.
                              There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X