Waiting for summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for summer

I am not too crazy about taking pictures of birds, except for birds of pray, but took a few to kill some time while I wait for summer

How do you know when they're praying?

Comment

Nice photos - how to post larger photos?

I can only see how to attach a small file - whats wrong with me?
      www.imageworkspub.com

Comment

Found the sticky on how to post photos.

Now I know why I didnt do it before. another photo gallery to post to. ...

Comment

Originally posted by BrianW View Post
          How do you know when they're praying?
          Opps! I screwed that one

Comment

I love redpolls--just think they are good-looking birds! I had BUNCHES of them at my feeder during March, but they seem to have mostly disappeared now.

Comment

Originally posted by akpfeiff View Post
              I love redpolls--just think they are good-looking birds! I had BUNCHES of them at my feeder during March, but they seem to have mostly disappeared now.
              I still see a few in my backyard. I was plowing snow off the deck yesterday, and two of them flew-in and sat on a table about five feet from me. The dog was startled for a second or two before the birds flew away.

Comment

Nice shots Ray! My wife and I took a drive up toward Matanuska Glacier today and ran into a bunch of birders checking out the Raptors who are on the return to the area.
                http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Comment

Originally posted by tull777 View Post
                  Nice shots Ray! My wife and I took a drive up toward Matanuska Glacier today and ran into a bunch of birders checking out the Raptors who are on the return to the area.
                  I have been looking for grouse, and haven't been able to get close to any. They stay hidden in the brush

I was looking at the pictures of your wife, you, and a grouse, and was surprised that you could just grab it and hold it in your hands.

Comment

The grouse was at Kincaid Park. I picked him up twice and could have held him longer but felt kind of guilty doing it. As a rule I don't like to get to close to the animals ...some times one just can't help it.

http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Comment

Still waiting for summer, but this is a good sign (willow pods or flowers):

Comment

Southeast Skunk Cabbage

Nice photos Ray. Skunk cabbage is the spring plant around here.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Comment

Very nice photos, Olga.

We still have a foot or two of snow in the backyard, on the South side, behind the house, and a few inches left in front, so all I can do is to take photos of willow

Comment

A couple more from today:

Comment

Nice

Wow Ray,

These are great. Is it appropriate to as what lens-settings-set up you were shooting with? They are very nice.

Bruce
                              There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X