Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your four favorite Alaska images. I will start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your four favorite Alaska images. I will start.

For fun, post any four images that you have taken in Alaska.

Select pictures that mean something to you, not images that you think will get a "Wow" reaction from others.

NO LIMITATIONS.

It can be an image of your child, your dog, a landscape, fishing pic, hunting pic, wildlife, northern lights, etc...

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Alaska pictures

It is impossible for me to pick out a favorite,,,, I am not a good enough photographer to have any decent technical pictures, but these brought back some memories.

This is a picture of Mt Redoubt taken from along the Sterling Hwy. I was on my way home from work in Ninilchik and the morning sun was causing the mt to look bright pink.. I had no choice but to stop and look at it.. I had my point and shoot in my bag, so I did get this shot.

This next one is of a momma moose that did not want to give us passing on the Swanson river. We just had to wait her out while we sat in the canoe. Finally she just laid her ears back and started towards us... we waved our paddles at her and she backed off and let us pass.

Flying in the Super Cub is one of my favorite things to do, and camping out of it is a blast. Just put the new tundra tires on it and took it over to the Nushagak river in May. Camped on an Island on the river. A rainbow was a bonus that day. What a great trip..

Anouther Volcano shot, this one of Mt Iliamna from Ninilchik, in the winter. the inlet was completely frozen with glaze ice, the sun was setting behind the mt. and she was steaming a bit..
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Comment

Those are fantastic shots!!

Like I said up top, NO LIMITATIONS.

Point and shoot, DSLR, polaroid, I don't care.

What we are looking for is 4 shots that mean something to YOU.

Max has set the bar high, but don't worry about technically perfect shots, and art, and all that crap. Show me four images that you like of Alaska.
      The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

My Four

Bruce
        Sitka
        There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Comment

Alaska!

From the city, out in the country to the high mountains ...

Anchorage

Knik River area

Denali Moose

Hatcher Pass Pika
          http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Comment

Bruce,

Awesome stuff man. Those are exactly the shots I was hoping to see. Thanks.

Eddie,

I love that pika! Showed my wife that some months back on a link you sent me. She is dying to see a pika now. Heard this from her so many times. Pika, pika, pika....

Comment

sunsets on the Yukon, are spectacular!

memorial day sunset

Labrador tea

Swallows on the Yukon, spring time

Up close & personal

Comment

Sunset Redux

Comment

My fav four . .

My dog Rudy one morning this past fall on a duck hunt . . .

Arctic Man 2008, shot during lunch break on an incredible day of riding

Homer Eagle in 2008. Going to try and get back down there next weekend, last year to see the numbers there . . .

Pat Gwin's old cabin next to the Kustatan River (think Gwin's in Cooper Landing)

Comment

Old wood

Next to an old cabin... I love Alaska...

Comment

Great Pictures.........and I will add mine.

When we came to Alaska we had a number of objectives.

First was to experience a bit of wild Alaska. We were dropped off on the Upper Russian and spent two days fishing our way out. For 3 out of 4 this was their first time being miles away from civilization.

Also important to us was to stand on a river in the middle of nowhere with a Grizzly. This was our first Grizzly encounter and it could not have gone better.

One of my favorites. When we pulled up to the Forks Roadhouse, parked out front is this three wheeler, flyrod tube strapped to the back, rifle layed across the seat. Inside we talked with the owner, who had not seen pavement in 5 years.

Crescent Lake, quiet, undisturbed and beautiful.

www.MarkandChrisLundin.com

Comment

Comment

In Valdez:

Look at that bad boy! He's staring me down!!!

Sheep Hunting:

Our driveway with no snow. This picture gives me hope that winter will soon be finished!

Donnelly Dome
                          Lurker.

Comment

Almost impossible

to pic just 4. Here are a few landscapes.

Now can I post 4 critters too?
                            US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Comment

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X