Sitka Compilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitka Compilation

Rain and wind have my boat tied up and me at the computer. I put together a compilation of some Sitka images that I like. They are best viewed by selecting the 'Slideshow" option. I hope you like them.

Sitka Images
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Gorgeous photos! I loved living there in the 70s. Would move back, but my grandchildren are up here... a whole Alaska away. And anyway, it's true what they say about how you can't go back.

Comment

Very nice pictures! Makes me love my hometown! The one of the (fog in the?) channel is surreal. Or is that the water?

Comment

Thanks sayak and Anythingalaska. Today's Sitka is very different from the one you knew in the 70's I am sure. Porky no longer is on the prowl, though his wife still walks each day. It has changed a good deal in the the 30 years I have been here. Staying close to family is important though.

Thanks Anythingalaska. The channel photo is actually just seawater on a windy day photographed with a 30 second exposure. Turns the water to blur.
        There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Comment

Excellent photography.
          NRA Life Member since 1974

Comment

Your pictures are incredible!!!! Well done!!!

Haven't been to Sitka since 1988 but it still is beautiful.
            Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Comment

Thank you Lowrider and boliep. We live in a great place for this hobby.

Comment

You see very well; thanks for sharing your insight. J.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X